TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bracket will be interested in this since it involves Husaberg too...

cliff's notes from what i understand (correct me if i'm wrong):

Husky is being bought by KTM's ceo Stefan Pierer through Pierer Industries AG (his company not connected to Cross Industries AG which owns 51% of KTM)...not by KTM...and KTM's ceo may sell the rest (or some) of KTM to Bajaj (indian company who already owns 47% of ktm) and then try and build up husky like he did with ktm...not sure where Husaberg is in this i hope Pierer takes Husaberg and Husqvarna and brings them up to where KTM is now...or maybe they will join forces...i'm so confused

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2013/01/ktm-acquiring-husqvarna/

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2013/January/jan2913-husqvarna-for-sale/

http://www.supermoto-central.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1216:rumor-ktm-ceo-stefan-pierer-is-buying-husqvarna&catid=4:news-racing&Itemid=25

http://solomoto.es/1/1359630727/actualidad/pierer-no-se-va-de-ktm#.UQqHpB00V8E

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very interesting.... I hope something good comes of it. I really like both Husky and Husaberg bikes. But I am a bit nervous, KTM built Husaberg up, then gave up on them. Now a Husaberg is nothing more than a blue KTM.. It would be cool if they combined Husqvarna and Husaberg and built some super swedish-roots bikes! After all, Husaberg was a continuation of Husky after Husky was sold the first time.... Time will tell...

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just really hope that all 3 brands survive this and still have quality products...i really like KTM and what they have become...such a variety of bikes while the big 4 only have a few...it would be great if they could do something similar for husky and husa

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Personally I think BMW are insane for selling Husqvarna, especially since they're talking about market expansion with new models and such. To me it seems like Husqvarna was a great tool for them to use to that end.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm glad BMW sold husky...it wasn't a good match...BMW has done nothing good for husky...KTM on the other hand has built up a strong class of bikes that are able to compete/beat up the big 4 so i can wait to see how this pans out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Owning a 2013 Husqvarna TR650 has not been fun with this deal. The biggest problem for me has been dealership support. My local dealership is dropping the Husky line and refuses to support my bike with the MOSS ECU tool. They are sending back to Husky by choice.. I hope my local KTM dealership takes the reigns.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Who didn't see this coming? Ktm already has husaberg so my thinking was one of the two, husaberg or husqvarna, would be dissolved. Personally I thought it would be husaberg that they would get rid of but with the news of husqvarnas state it seems that it will be easier for them to just dissolve ihusky and forget it. One less brand they have to compete with. With the new terra and strada it is a shame that it has to come to this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Husqvarna is a great brand and I love their products including my Terra. I don't regret buying one because of how awesome the bike really is. We shall see what happens. I hope KTM keeps Husky afloat. It would be a shame to see the brand go away.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe now the Husky name will once again be synonymous with championship winning motocross bikes. God knows BMW didn't do anything with the brand. The discontinued G450X suddenly became the TE-449 and this year the (discontinued 2009) G650XCountry/Xmoto/X Challenge becomes the 2013 Husvarna TR650? If anyone can bring this brand back to the front of the off-road pack, it's KTM

2013-08-17095319_zpsa1f627e2.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts