TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TW200 BOGO
I have two TW200s in Pensacola, Florida, a 2007 with 14,235 miles, and a 1987 with unknown miles. The 2007 runs great; the 1987 will need looking at. ”It ran until parked.” It did start running rough, and I put it away, since I have the 2007, and there is no title to the 1987 (bought from TW200forum member, who passed before I could get it). The 2007 has a clear title. Buy the 2007, get the 1987 free! 2007 is the black one with the rack and shield. $1,500.00.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
TW200 BOGO
I have two TW200s in Pensacola, Florida, a 2007 with 14,235 miles, and a 1987 with unknown miles. The 2007 runs great; the 1987 will need looking at. ”It ran until parked.” It did start running rough, and I put it away, since I have the 2007, and there is no title to the 1987 (bought from TW200forum member, who passed before I could get it). The 2007 has a clear title. Buy the 2007, get the 1987 free! 2007 is the black one with the rack and shield. $1,500.00. View attachment 218936 View attachment 218937

Hi BBMS,

I’ve been looking at these bikes for a while now and came across this forum. I’m interested to hear more about your two bikes for sale. I’m looking to pull the trigger on one (maybe two) soon. I live in Georgia so not too far away.

Are you available to speak on the phone? I’m in the Turks until Tuesday so phone service is spotty but will be checking email.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi BBMS,

I’ve been looking at these bikes for a while now and came across this forum. I’m interested to hear more about your two bikes for sale. I’m looking to pull the trigger on one (maybe two) soon. I live in Georgia so not too far away.

Are you available to speak on the phone? I’m in the Turks until Tuesday so phone service is spotty but will be checking email.
Hello! Thanks for your message! The 2007 runs well, but I would put on new tires. The 1987 is a good beater for the woods, since it has no title. It will need carb work, and tires. This is a good way to figure out if you like the bike, without spending 4-5K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. Other than needing some new tires, is the 97 missing any parts/or trim? Is the electrical system in working order? I’ll be registering it so just looking to better understand it’s current condition/needs.

·
Registered
22,017 Posts
Vermont may still be source of solutions to the "no title issue". Just give them money; in the past the state was happy to issue new titles to most anything, anywhere, to anyone. :cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2007 is the bike to register. The 1987 is the bike to work on, and is, essentially, free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah from your original post I assumed that was the case. Still just trying to understand the condition of the 2007 a bit better. Is it missing any parts or trim? Also how is the electrical system? All working order I’m guessing. I appreciate the follow up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 2007 runs fine; no issues. I would change the tires because they are getting old. The only other things I would change are the chain, and hand guards , since they have gotten old and are brittle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts