TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only took one real photo, too busy riding and having fun. Ron is fun to ride with.

A few photo's from the video. Riding through Boise...cause we have too!:evil6:

The old logging road turns into an ATV/Motorcycle only trail

On the maps, this trail is called Eagleson Rd and comes out on Crooked Summit on Clear Creek/Robie Creek rd.

Clear Creek area

Unfortunately my battery died on my video camera and I didn't get the ride down Bogus Basin Road (which was fun fun) or the pretty fall color's from the tree's riding on Harrelson Blvd. I did have another video camera, but didn't know my batteries had died. Sounds like something that would happen to Charlie Brown!:D

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Nice! You still have some color....ours is all gone over here. And no jackets! Supposed to be nice and warm this weekend and Monday. Do you have anything planned?

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Ron looks like he was moving at a pretty good clip.

Man, so many trails. Around here all that kind of territory is for hikers, pedal bikers, and horses.

Send more videos!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Thanks for the pics and video. Looks like a fun ride. You guys are lucky to have that kind of riding so close to home. Good to see Ron back on the TW. I'm surprised there's not a few patches of snow around, at least. Thanks again, what a great way to spend an afternoon.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This was a really pleasant day for a ride. The Admiral is a good guy to go on these type adventures with. He sure does document them well.

There is a bit of snow up there now. Its time to head out in the Snake river, Owyhee river country for the next adventure.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ron, glad to see you with a handle on that TW again. It is always difficult to give up some of our life's loves, even if it is temporary and includes a motorcycle. I do look forward to the day we can get together and enjoy a moment.
Mel

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! You still have some color....ours is all gone over here. And no jackets! Supposed to be nice and warm this weekend and Monday. Do you have anything planned?
Ride was a few weeks ago, but sometimes the leaves hang on. All gone at my place. I wore a jacket!

No rides planned by me at this point till next year I suppose. Spur of the moment rides will happen all the time though!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ron looks like he was moving at a pretty good clip.

Man, so many trails. Around here all that kind of territory is for hikers, pedal bikers, and horses.

Send more videos!
Funny thing is, most of the foothill trails ARE for other than M/C. On the way down Bogus Basin rd. Ron stopped and pointed out a few places he use too trail ride in the Boise foothills back in the day. Stress on "use too"!

Still, it was a good day for a ride.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics and video. Looks like a fun ride. You guys are lucky to have that kind of riding so close to home. Good to see Ron back on the TW. I'm surprised there's not a few patches of snow around, at least. Thanks again, what a great way to spend an afternoon.
A week or so later I was in the snow just a few miles north of Boise! Took advantage on this day that's for sure.

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Old Ron csn move on his TW. He is a good rider. Nice pics and good to see the old man saddling up on the bike.
Probably was a long long summer for Ron not being able to ride. And yes, he is a good rider.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
nice fade away at least when the batteries died.... ;)

good to see ron back in the saddle again. packing heat on one hip and a kabar on the other; bears or methheads? boy scout motto i guess.

sure would be nice to get a western state Tdub jamboree together, i wonder if north eastern california or easter oregon wouldn't be equidistant to a lot of people??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all,
Very nice video, I enjoyed the scenery I have not visited for many years...
Just bought a TW in the past couple of days. Selling my 2006 Honda 1100 Sabre cruiser, sooner than later, I hope, don't want to store it all winter.
Now I realize how much I have missed not having a off road bike all these years...

Largo

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all,
Very nice video, I enjoyed the scenery I have not visited for many years...
Just bought a TW in the past couple of days. Selling my 2006 Honda 1100 Sabre cruiser, sooner than later, I hope, don't want to store it all winter.
Now I realize how much I have missed not having a off road bike all these years...

Largo
Welcome to the forum and to the TW. Hope you enjoy it. I've had a blast on mine. Ron had taken me on trail #4 up to the top of the ride, last year I think. This year he took me on more of it. Plenty to explore so close to Boise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts