TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There they were, just minding their business, lazy day on the lake..

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts
I imagine that would get your heart racing...

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a soft spot for air tankers and their crews. Bless them for it is dangerous work.Wildfires are very real for me and have come close to my house several times.

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Flying out of Yellowknife on Great Slave Lake one fall we stopped somewhere, maybe Red Deer? Upon takeoff we ingested several birds in the #1 engine filling cabin with horrible burnt feather bleed air. Setting back down the plane and passengers had to wait 8 hours for mechanics to fly up from Edmonton to inspect mangled compressor blades. Bored with little to do I found an old Mitchell bomber converted to an air tanker whose owner was willing to charter us back south. Unfortunately I couldn't get enough mostly conservative Canadian government types to share charter cost with me as that would have been one heck of a flight sitting on a thousand gallon tank above bomb bay doors. One of life's great missed opportunities! TAEV01P01_13.jpg
I guess I like tankers.

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K. Just one more tanker video and Ill have it out of my system. There is something about seeing these big, older, usually surplus aircraft down on the deck, often in rather turbulent air that is very thrilling, especially when they are stopping a fire headed your way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts