TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving tomorrow morning at 6am in my motorhome with my wife, dog and Dub strapped on the hitch! Going from here NorCal to upstate NY to visit my Mom for her B day (92yo!) and then to Maine to eat lobster until we hate it - then down the east coast coastal roads all the way down to Key West back up to Tenn to visit a college buddy that inherited a 400 acre farm (he has a dirt bike so we will be riding some beautiful woods he knows well (hope I survive). Then to AR for a family reunion (wifes family) in Hot Springs then on to New Mexico - have a friend that lives in the Sandia mountains - lots to see there! The trip will be about 6-7 weeks and be about 12,000 miles. Lots of stops and plenty of "Dubsploring".....exploring on the Dub :)
I will try and post pics along the way -

:cool:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Where abouts in NY?

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the Adirondacks, NY and the woods outside Knoxville, Tenn..... It's gonna be along haul, but I love road trips - esp when not rushed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Count me as extremely jealous, that sounds like the trip of a lifetime! You're going to have loads of fun, and hopefully you get to ride lots along the way.

A little less epic, my wife and I are leaving Monday with our teardrop camper to roam from Texas to Arkansas, to Georgia, then Pennsylvania, NY and Maine, and Back again. 3-4 weeks total, about 4-5k miles. I had hoped my TW would be ready, but I'm still knee deep in a customization project so I'm toting a 650 instead.

I always keep my eyes open for TWs at the RV parks, maybe we will bump into you along the way.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and reports. Let us know if there's anything that qualifies for "must see" along the way, or campgrounds you loved, etc.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Leaving tomorrow morning at 6am in my motorhome with my wife, dog and Dub strapped on the hitch! Going from here NorCal to upstate NY to visit my Mom for her B day (92yo!) and then to Maine to eat lobster until we hate it - then down the east coast coastal roads all the way down to Key West back up to Tenn to visit a college buddy that inherited a 400 acre farm (he has a dirt bike so we will be riding some beautiful woods he knows well (hope I survive). Then to AR for a family reunion (wifes family) in Hot Springs then on to New Mexico - have a friend that lives in the Sandia mountains - lots to see there! The trip will be about 6-7 weeks and be about 12,000 miles. Lots of stops and plenty of "Dubsploring".....exploring on the Dub :)
I will try and post pics along the way -

:cool:
Cool Trip. Let me know where you eat lobsters until you hate them. It's on my wife's Bucket List to eat lobsters until you hate them. I'm 5 miles off l95 exit 80 Maryland if you pass by.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Count me as extremely jealous, that sounds like the trip of a lifetime! You're going to have loads of fun, and hopefully you get to ride lots along the way.

A little less epic, my wife and I are leaving Monday with our teardrop camper to roam from Texas to Arkansas, to Georgia, then Pennsylvania, NY and Maine, and Back again. 3-4 weeks total, about 4-5k miles. I had hoped my TW would be ready, but I'm still knee deep in a customization project so I'm toting a 650 instead.

I always keep my eyes open for TWs at the RV parks, maybe we will bump into you along the way.

Looking forward to seeing your pics and reports. Let us know if there's anything that qualifies for "must see" along the way, or campgrounds you loved, etc.

That sounds pretty darn epic also! Fortunately my Dub is fully farkled....for the time being....

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That sounds like an incredible trip.
As to the Lobsters you can pretty much eat your way down the coast from Maine as they are abundant this time of year.
I've been using shopping for a restaurant to have my Dad's 90th Birthday at as a cover to do some Lobster tastings. So far twice this week on City Island.
This is a treat because we usually eat Lobster maybe once a year. The jig will be up soon. but nothing like overdosing on Lobster.
When you are heading south from the Adirondacks this place pictured below is really good. Also in NYC a place called Centro Vasco.

IMG_9583.JPG

IMG_9582.JPG

IMG_9581.JPG

Reactions: Ken and Donzo

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool Trip. Let me know where you eat lobsters until you hate them. It's on my wife's Bucket List to eat lobsters until you hate them. I'm 5 miles off l95 exit 80 Maryland if you pass by.

I can tell you now because we have done it before - We love Old Orchard Beach in Maine. There is a pier that has fun bars, restaurants, stores, rides and really nice MILES of beach! The restaurant we love is called "The Buoy". You get 2, one and a half lb lobsters with all the trimmings for $20...! Also if you like REAL NY style pizza there is a place on the street real close to the pier called Louies pizza (I think) you can't miss it. They sell by the slice and it is 12" or so on the super thin crisp crust side with all the right stuff - I had that for a late breakfast almost every day before gazing at the talent on the beach.

Now you gotta tell me where the best crab/crab cakes are in Maryland - we want to get sick of that crustacean also :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds like an incredible trip.
As to the Lobsters you can pretty much eat your way down the coast from Maine as they are abundant this time of year.
I've been using shopping for a restaurant to have my Dad's 90th Birthday at as a cover to do some Lobster tastings. So far twice this week on City Island.
This is a treat because we usually eat Lobster maybe once a year. The jig will be up soon. but nothing like overdosing on Lobster.
When you are heading south from the Adirondacks this place pictured below is really good. Also in NYC a place called Centro Vasco.

View attachment 104745

View attachment 104737

View attachment 104729
OMG now I'm going to be speeding to get back east, Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Wow! Sounds like quite a epic summer trip.
No as to crustaceans... This place is about 3 miles away. Took my brother there and he ate 7 lobsters in one sitting. I may never eat lobster again.:rolleyes: ls.jpg
This is a typical plate seen there, they shovel them two at a time on top of whatever other buffet items you may have already loaded up on. There could be a steak hiding under those two guys. images.jpeg

Have fun and eat well all along the way!

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Dang! That almost makes me want to do a trip down east myself! Wonderful lobster memories from cruises with my Dad back in the 60's. :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Sounds like a great adventure.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts