TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are going to buy boots for our VA ride. I have a nice pair of adventure boots but there not waterproof. I personally need boots with a wide ToeBox. What's your favorite boots?

·
Registered
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
2015 Best Dual Sport & ADV Motorcycle Boots Buyers Guide - Page 1 - RevZilla

I have a pair of Sidi Adventures.. They're wonderful and I wear a 12EE and they fit perfectly.. That said, they're CRAZY priced.. I bought mine barely used on ADV for $200 and cringed at that price, but it's better than $550.. Jahaaayzuzz!!

The rest of my boots are TCX, which also are typically wider than most. I'd think the TCX's mentioned are a good choice.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Wore mine{and Montezuma and Boreno too} the entire ride around the Great Lakes....no sore feet, no sweat, you can wear them all day, hot or cold, and never miss a beat....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sidi Canyons, great boot on or off the bike. I typically wear size 8 1/2 EE. Very well made and as noted about Sidi... very expensive.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Danner - Acadia 8" Black 200G - Law Enforcement - Product

I like these. Good, solid, made in murica boots. They last forever, and if they don't, danner will refinish and resole them forever. They come with goretex if you want, but think about it- shoes that keep water out also keep water in; your feet will be sweaty and your socks wet everytime you wear waterproof shoes.

I personally don't want to look like Valentino Rossi walking around downtown. I think people wearing colors matching bike leathers and motorcycle boots while not on their bike look kinda douchey, so I tend to buy shit that just looks like regular people clothes for riding my bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm a long time Danner fan.. I've bought 3 pairs at the factory in Portland, but when it comes to offroading, I wear boots with shin protection.. I learned the lesson of wearing street boots while offroading and never forgot that lesson.. When I'm offroading, I'll wear boots made for the purpose, and I raced hare scrambles and enduros for over 10 years..

·
Registered
583 Posts
The Gaerne Balance Oiled boots are definitely the most comfortable out of the box motorcycle boots I have ever worn. However I have had problems with two pairs as far as being waterproof. I ordered a pair from Whitehorse Gear and they failed after some rigorous off road riding on some VERY wet trails. They were replaced under warranty with another pair that also leaked. Whitehorse refunded me the purchase price and let me keep the 2nd pair. Gaerne must have realized there were issues with the boots because they have since switched from the "Drytech" membrane to "Goretex" waterproof membrane.
After some online research I ordered some "Sno-Seal" and treated the boots with several coatings of the stuff using my heat gun until the leather wouldn't absorb any more. The boots now keep my feet dry and comfortable. Sno-Seal is a wicked product and I highly recommend it for any leather boot.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I ordered Gaerne Adventure boots online and had to send them back I need a EE wide and these made my toes go numb so I ordered the Formas Adventure boots and it is like I have on hiking boots. 10819748_10204304352761034_994672639_o.jpg and it has a tag on the side that says Dry Tex.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The SIDI Adventure Gore-Tex Boots are on the pricey side, but they are also incredible boots.

Super high quality in every detail, totally waterproof, highly protective, fairly breathable, and after a few hours of break-in sublimely comfortable. I would recommend them to anyone.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Hoot would you consider these boots true to fit and how is the toe space.
I take a usual 10 1/2 they come in full sizes and the 11 fits me perfect....so if you are 1/2 in size bump on up....the 11s even with good solid socks for my Diabetes 2 fit just right with plenty of toe space for my average to just above average foot width.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts