TW200 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm wearing a pair of TCX Drifters. A little funky looking, but I find them comfortable. The Formas felt like tennis shoes to me. I have hiking boots and work boots that provide more lateral stability. I would have liked to have tried some Sidi Adventures but couldn't find any my size to try on. The Alpinstars were too narrow.

The Drifters have a heavy lugged Vibram-like replacable sole. I've "hiked" a couple of kilometers in them uphill and downhill. My legs and feet got sweaty though.

I wish the Drifters had a bit more in toe protection.

I haven't really tested their waterproof capabilities yet.

I'm a 10.5 -11 EE boot size. I bought a size 46.

Just another option to consider.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have yet to find the unicorn boot. Good protective boots are not good walking around boots, and good walking around boots are not very protective. That pretty much leaves getting protective boots and carrying around a change of footwear that you can walk around in, or getting something you can walk around in and hope you don't destroy your ankle again if you ever go down. I advocate dressing for the slide over the ride. Here's my take on the boots I've used... https://youtu.be/gfwglvehwdU?t=530
Look at the writing. I found the unicorn boots!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love the Gaerne Balance Oiled. Have had several pair of stiff motocross boots for those aggressive bikes/riding days which would be way overkill on what I currently ride - TW, XT250, Beta 200 trials bikes & Can-Am Renegade 800 XXC quad. Given the TW & XT's a small dual sport which will only occasionally lays on my leg in a crash, I find the Gaerne Oiled's flexible & comfy when riding, endlessly shifting & doing exploratory hikes when off the bike. I have been bruised once through the boot in 8 crashes with the bike laying on my leg but that goes with the sport. The protection is adequate for me & if walking/walking my bike for any distance needs to happen, these boots are great all around. Worth the money, waterproof, zero break-in needed & can be resoled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have alpinestars gunner wo boots that I wear for street and dirt. They are ce rated and comfortable to wear all day at the office. The soles not really aggressive for hiking but i dont feel any need to remove them for normal walking around.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts