TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im lookin for a pair of riding boots that are pretty comfortable and not like motocross stiff but still are tall like motocross boots so my pantlegs will fit into them. I already have work boots obviously so not work boots.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I Ware Fox atv boots off road . They have a tread like awork boot instead of being slick and slippery. If it's not a real bike boot it's really not going to save your hide if the s..t hits the fan
Ride far..Ride hard
mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh for sure im definitely looking for a bike boot. Something stiff and sturdy enough itll protect my shin and ankle atleast better than my logging boots but not too stiff that you cant do a little bit of hiking. Are your boots comfortable enough to walk around the woods a bit?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Fox makes a pretty good boot. The ATV boot seems to be a little more limber. The more you use them the better they seem to get. I very recently pushed my dead bike thru over a half mile of 12inch deep mud.i was glad to have the boots.
They seemed to work well enough. But that's just my opinion
RIDE FAR...RIDE HARD
MIKE

·
Registered
140 Posts
Forma adventure boot...$279 at cycle gear
Mike

Reactions: Fred and reddave

·
Registered
689 Posts
I am also a Forma Adventure man. I have the two-buckle version as well - but they do make a taller model. Boots are an absolute must!

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Sidi canyon, Vibram sole, good shin protection, waterproof. great all day boots and good for walking

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fox makes a pretty good boot. The ATV boot seems to be a little more limber. The more you use them the better they seem to get. I very recently pushed my dead bike thru over a half mile of 12inch deep mud.i was glad to have the boots.
They seemed to work well enough. But that's just my opinion
RIDE FAR...RIDE HARD
MIKE
Could you give me a link to the boots youve got by any chance? I tried on a pair of forma adventure boots at cycle gear once. They were the tall ones and damn were they nice and incredibly comfortable but at almost 300 bucks seemed a little pricey to me but they really are top of my list at this point.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have the forma 3 buckle adventure and the older Fox atv.
Both have saved me thousands of dollars in ER room visits
I usually Ware the fox boots on the light TW and the forma adventures on the
KLR and the tall heavy GS 1200 it tends to fall over a lot. I'm only 5ft8
Sorry t appears Fox doesn't make the atv anymore,I couldn't find it anywhere.
Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
Forma Adventure Tall for off road and TSX Street Ace for around town.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Also have Forma boots. Just got back from a trip to Oregon, kept my feet dry in the rain storm that hit us and did some comfortable climbing, hiking for views. Good protection and comfy

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It sounds like the formas really are the ticket. I was looking at a pair of fly maverik 2020 boots just because of how cheap they are 120 bucks and people said they end up being reasonably comfortable after broken.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm the outlier here. I thought the Forma boots were pretty flimsy laterally and uncomfortable as they seemed to flex at the wrong place on my foot. I purchased some TCX Drifters and couldn't be happier. Have a lugged sole, which is good for hiking and works fine if you change your foot pegs to wider ones. I have hiked a few kilometers in them. Feet got hot, but still fairly comfortable. I think they are pretty nice looking too. I can wear them under or over jeans even with Bohn body armour. Look a little Mad Max with jeans tucked in. Metal buckles. Replaceable soles. The spiderweb heat shield isn't really that prevalent, I think it was highlighted for the photo-shoot.

CE rated 2 2 2 WR. Harder to find then Formas, but another Italian brand. Used to be OXtar. If you have wide feet, definitely give them a try.

My go-to backpacking boots are Scarpa Kenisis Pro GTX if that is of any value. I usually put aftermarket Sidas or Superfeet insoles in my boots.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Should add, I put a Forma arch supports in the boots. They are pretty spacious inside, the supports make the fit perfect (for me) and add even more support.

·
Registered
20,485 Posts
Even though they are made in Romania now FORMA lives up the long standing reputation of Italian footwear's superiority. Although they make numerous suitable adventure type boots I have the classic tall Adventure boot. Buddy just got new pair of their Boulder Adventure boot, very impressive with perhaps slightly more lateral support.
These boots offer more comfort than ultimate protection, I have injured but not broken my foot in an extreme encounter with Mother Nature wearing them. I consider them an acceptable compromise since off-bike roaming at destinations is part of my motorcycling experience.

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
Got the taller Forma myself – big improvement over an otherwise identical boot from another manufacturer

The good bits: They’re a wider fitting giving your foot more room and better for long rides or walking around

The bad bits: They don’t have a “heel knuckle” for getting them back off ……

1 - 20 of 41 Posts