TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I tried on some Alpinestars Tech 7. Super comfy and great protection. I feared I would slide to my death if I ever stepped off of the foot pegs for a quick look-see at one of the many viewpoints with the slick tread. Felt like a good quality ski boot.

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm the outlier here. I thought the Forma boots were pretty flimsy laterally and uncomfortable as they seemed to flex at the wrong place on my foot. I purchased some TCX Drifters and couldn't be happier. Have a lugged sole, which is good for hiking and works fine if you change your foot pegs to wider ones. I have hiked a few kilometers in them. Feet got hot, but still fairly comfortable. I think they are pretty nice looking too. I can were them under or over jeans even with Bohn body armour. Look a little Mad Max with jeans tucked in. Metal buckles. Replaceable soles. The spiderweb heat shield isn't really that prevalent, I think it was highlighted for the photo-shoot.

CE rated 2 2 2 WR. Harder to find then Formas, but another Italian brand. Used to be OXtar. If you have wide feet, definitely give them a try.

My go-to backpacking boots are Scarpa Kenisis Pro GTX if that is of any value. I usually put aftermarket Sidas or Superfeet insoles in my boots.

View attachment 206199

Those are killer actually

·
Registered
352 Posts
Haha thanks bro i appreciate the thought. Also romania seems like a really weird place for boots to be made.
Romania is on my list of places to visit. I have a work friend from there. Craftsmanship is still a thing.

·
Registered
20,485 Posts
Romania has some interesting roads if you like corners and such.
Think a TW would be fun on the Transfagarasan?
transfagarasan-main.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m new to the forum so I’ll apologize for asking a question that has probably been covered before but I’ve not come across the answer in my searches so here goes.

im getting back into riding at age 55 after a 30 years. im mainly buzzing around the dirt roads and some off road woods trails in my area. The woods trails are pretty well covered in rocks , big, small , huge you name it they are out there. I’m looking at boots and I’m wondering how much protection I need to be looking for. Lots of the adventure boot reviews seem to mention a reduced amount of side\ torsion support. Do I need to be concerned about this for my riding? I’m liking the looks of the Forma adventure boots, Gaerne balance boots and O’Neal Sierra boots. But for a little more you can get into the Alpinestars Corozal Boots that have the increased side support. i want safety first and foremost but comfort and being able to work the shifter and brakes with out having to do contortions is what I’m also after. I have wider feet so narrow boots are out. I’d appreciate your input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys im lookin for a pair of riding boots that are pretty comfortable and not like motocross stiff but still are tall like motocross boots so my pantlegs will fit into them. I already have work boots obviously so not work boots.
I have worn many pairs in my time but I recently found my favorite for ADV riding. Look at the Forma Boulder Boots. They are trials boots, very flexible, not as much shin protection so you can easily fit them in normal pants, and a hiking style tread. Check em out. BOULDER

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Going to try the Forma Terra Evo Waterproof Motorcycle Boots. The regular Forma Adventure boots did not hold up for me. These have a few more protective features.
1594931110752.jpeg

These also have a different sole.

·
Registered
183 Posts
On the way. Ya gotta be quick on Amazon. The size I ordered only come up for about an hour before they sellout. Just have to keep tabs on it and hit go button fast. Forma Low Cut.
B691A536-F248-475B-925B-E1F985D44110.jpeg

·
Registered
689 Posts
I got a great deal on Forma Adventure Low boot's in grey, they are actually black. I really don't care, however, if I have my choice I would get them in that brown - I like it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Redbacks. Steel toes that will actually be easy to remove if I get a serious injury. Plus, if I break down I could probably walk 20 miles in them. Wear them every day, riding or not.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Look for a boot with a real shank in the sole. A boot with a good shank makes all footpegs large and small feel the same. I can stand anywhere on the pegs using toe, heel or ball of foot and have solid footing.

I'm a real fan of Gaerne as they are a quality boot and fit fat feet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Redbacks. Steel toes that will actually be easy to remove if I get a serious injury. Plus, if I break down I could probably walk 20 miles in them. Wear them every day, riding or not.
My ankles hurt just looking at the lack of support.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Get tougher ankles.

Reactions: Gullyjumper
21 - 40 of 41 Posts