1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great minds think alike Jim. I sent that to Borneo a while back. He said its a little too pricey, I still think that him and Weasel could make a great replica in his barn.
:laughing7:... I can't remember anything these days.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Interestingly enough, I have a 1969 D 600 Dodge Truck I'm restoring for just such a purpose...only a bit bigger. :D It's to be my retro expedition rig.

View attachment 26231

Mine has been painted to the exact color of the above picture, except my trim color is a cream rather than white. I don't have any bed on it yet though. Two speed rear axle and a 440 long block.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I realy liked 917s. But I want to build an old corvette GTP for the street. That truck looks to be a great starting point for a camper. Done right, It should have all the weight you need for a safe trailer towing machine too.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Interestingly enough, I have a 1969 D 600 Dodge Truck I'm restoring for just such a purpose...only a bit bigger. :D It's to be my retro expedition rig.

View attachment 26231

Mine has been painted to the exact color of the above picture, except my trim color is a cream rather than white. I don't have any bed on it yet though. Two speed rear axle and a 440 long block.
Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

View attachment 26231

Love the projects. I have been tossing the notion of doing a live aboard, but decided to keep the flatbed as is and build a nice gypsy trailer for living space. Having the flatbed for the firewood and hauling the toys seems to work. Need to make some longer ramps as the bed is a bit high for the normal ones.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Two days pushing a snow blower and I missed that. Thats great truck!

View attachment 26231

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Randall, Your truck is a awesome, it does it all and looks great doing it. I was thinking about your truck as I was lifting the snow blower in and out of my F-250 the last few days. That hoist would have come in handy.

Love the projects. I have been tossing the notion of doing a live aboard, but decided to keep the flatbed as is and build a nice gypsy trailer for living space. Having the flatbed for the firewood and hauling the toys seems to work. Need to make some longer ramps as the bed is a bit high for the normal ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts