1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Welcome to Blogsville.....enjoy the ride

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Borneo, that's wonderful bro! It got quite a bit longer since I read it, just yesterday!!!

I can see this becoming a book someday of motorcycling stories from an adventure rider we all love!!

Tantalize us, leave us begging for more more more....

Thanks Bro, I for one, am going to really enjoy reading this!!

*You really have wonderful writing skills Kurt! ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,248 Posts
It seems we share the same tastes in GPS systems - sometimes it's about where you're headed - not where you are ......

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
These are great stories. I'm glad you decided to do it B. :D

Reactions: Borneo

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
I must admit I was quite surprised. I went to the site and figured I'd look for a few seconds and say "Meh,".

Ended up reading it all the way through.

Keep it up.
So, another dedicated reader then, huh? ha ha Our friend Borneo doesn't do anything halfway. He's a 101% kind of guy all the way!! :D

Reactions: WECSOG and Borneo

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Slow Down Big Guy....you have plenty of time:p You don't have to ride 285 or 300 miles each day{think UP} some days, keep it down to 80 miles and enjoy the ride....;)

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I can honestly say that I am not surprised by Borneo's ability to tell a story. Very well written and just the right amount of detail to picture yourself sitting along side him. Bravo. No more haunted by a dog stories though. I have a personal limit of crying only once a year and I just cashed that ticket in!

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Sorry I do not like reading non fiction stories so If qwerty blogs a fiction page I am all over it! Turbo TW...

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Don't forget to "Rate this thread". (found in the links just above Kurt's first post)
I gave it an "Excellent". :D

Reactions: Borneo and Jon62602

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Slow Down Big Guy....you have plenty of time:p You don't have to ride 285 or 300 miles each day{think UP} some days, keep it down to 80 miles and enjoy the ride....;)
I know Pat, and because you said that, I will just let everyone here into a little secret. I've been blessed with a rich and wonderful life...why, I'm not really sure, but I have. But here's the thing, I've almost never told any stories. Ever since I can remember people have practically begged me to tell stories but for some reason all they ever really got was something along the lines of "Well, I went to Alaska, it was a really long ride, and then I came back." For some reason I just kept a lot to myself...I suppose I thought of them as my stories. The blog thing is different for some reason. For me it works in an odd way. It's almost like I am remembering something in private, I don't picture others being there or every really reading what is written, I'm talking to myself.

Yes, it needs to slow down, and it will, the current pace is far from sustainable. In fact I'm already there. But for a day or two things just seemed to flow out, almost as if I suddenly realized I needed to tell stories. I'm glad some people took the time to read them, and I'm even more pleased they enjoyed them. I'm trying to decide on a goal as I type this, perhaps one new story a week when I'm not contemporaneously chronicling a trip will be sufficient.

This forum gets a lot of credit for the whole thing. Whether people realize it or not, on here, over time there have been more than just my comments. There have been the occasional stories told and that really got me comfortable with the concept. Your good advice is noted Pat...and I will slow down. :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts