Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the TM-40 pumper on my DR650.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The picture looks like the tire lugs are on backwards.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you and Doc should try this on the TW.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Thread HiJack in Progress:cool:

AZ Bike Move.png

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Want an amazing increase in throttle response? More power over a much wider range? The Mikuni TM40 does all of that plus runs smoother at lower RPMs and pulls taller gearing with ease.

Our complete kit comes with alloy adapter rings bonded to the carburetor body for a firm reliable fit in the stock air boots. We also include new low friction cables, an extended fuel screw, complete instructions along with a wide range of extra jetting for fine tuning. It even has a vacuum port for the stock fuel petcock.

The carburetor comes pre-jetted for the typical mods: performance pipe and modified air box, or we can set it up for your particular bike before we ship it out.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^^^ That's cool....that's the exact area where Mrs Trip and I are headed the day after tomorrow. All those towns in Nevada are on my list: Wendover, Wells, Eureka, Austin: then maybe Tonopah.

We are riding the original Pony Express Trail across western Utah. I am concerned about the fuel range. Its about 128 miles of dirt and gravel and maybe sand from Lehi to Ibapah. There used to be gas available there, but the Trading Post has closed.
Its then about 70 paved miles from Ibapah to West Wendover. We have Clarke tanks, and get about 130 miles before hitting reserve. I don't know how far on reserve. We have 1 gallon Rotopaks too. I think we will make it if we don't get lost.

pony express.jpg
If you click on that attachment about 3 times, it gets big enough to see the route.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts