TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10711084_1730234130534396_4324271987570860809_n.jpg Borneo -0 partner-1.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Can't BS but I have a Marsh Hawk that has been patrolling my back yard for about a dozen years...likely not the same one, but a partner or relation....last winter, which was colder than H**l, it stayed around, and managed to kill off a Pigeon or two...including this one and the remains in my driveway....for some reason she/he, doesn't seem to be worried when I come out back...just takes a look at me, and watches until I head back inside.

Hawk Kills Pigedon 007.JPG Hawk Kills Pigedon 009.JPG Hawk Returns 011.jpg

·
Registered
790 Posts
Its interesting to see the remains of a kiled bird, (like in that picture). If you look closely you can see the gizzard stones that are spit out by the predator, and quite often the stomach contents if the bird is an herbivore but not the stomach itself which gets eaten.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Very common problem here. Some areas you better be quick with the boat or dog to get your birds before mister bald eagle. They just sit in the trees waiting for you to knock one out of the air. Can be very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I've had Red Tailed Hawks steal my doves, but I've yet to get poached while duck hunting.
After the hurricane, there are no more rabbits here. Since there are no rabbits there are no more Red Tail Hawks. My friend upstate has a rabbit problem and I asked him to trap a few that I can release around here. A tree-hugger friend of mine keeps telling me how wrong that is, but my instincts say otherwise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts