TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 TW200 for the low low price of trading an ipad mini! A friend of mine basically just gave me the bike! IT ONLY HAS 45 Miles on it... But the front hub and spokes are wrecked. The tire seems good and the triple tree seems good, but the forks are most certainly bent and the hub is JACKED UP BAD. Ive been reading up and it seeems as though I can just order yz80 Forks and theyll snap right in. but the hub is another animal. The question is should I buy a whole new rim/ tire combo from fleabay for $200 or should I try and Salvage whats here already with a new hub and spokes.. And as far as the forks.. should I try and bend them back to straight or just get new ones? Any advice would be much Aprreciated.. This bike is going to be my new daily rider and I really wanna ride IT!
IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0594.jpg
IMG_0595.jpg
IMG_0596.jpg
IMG_0597.jpg

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Hi Zack, and welcome to the forum!

So sorry, but that bike is obviously beyond repair :(. Just sign the title, tape it to the seat and send the bike out here to me, and I will be glad to dispose of it at no charge to you ;):D!

Seriously, I would just buy a replacement front wheel and a set of upper fork tubes and then you would be back up and riding in no time. Then you can rebuild the front wheel at your leisure or just sell it as is and let someone else deal with it.

Ask your friend if he has anything else that he wants to trade for an Ipad mini!

Brian

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
If you try to straighten the forks, you'll spend time every year changing the seals - that 'aint gonna fly - either sort out what's bent, or swap out the whole front end

(Welcome to the board) .....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
A machine shop or good garage can probably straighten the fork tubes on a precision press.
If so, it would be cheaper than new and just as good.

Welcome to the forum! Good to see another Texan in the looney bin. We're in Timbercreek Canyon, 10 miles south of Amarillo.
Looks like you're Army...thank you for your service, my friend.
How are things at good ol' Fort Hood? What do they do there now...still tanks, etc.? Hot, dusty damn place!
I was in the Army too, but I broke my damn musket!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A machine shop or good garage can probably straighten the fork tubes on a precision press.
If so, it would be cheaper than new and just as good.

Welcome to the forum! Good to see another Texan in the looney bin. We're in Timbercreek Canyon, 10 miles south of Amarillo.
Looks like you're Army...thank you for your service, my friend.
How are things at good ol' Fort Hood? What do they do there now...still tanks, etc.? Hot, dusty damn place!
I was in the Army too, but I broke my damn musket!
The HOOD is still the "GREAT PLACE" lol theres alot of silly stuff going around but for the most part its just shoot stuff and more shoot stuff with bradleys and tanks... However there are some good trails to ride out here! when i get the bike up and running we should go for a ride if you make it this far south!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome switch out the front tire while you are making these repairs. Shinko 241 is good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some people really shouldn't be allowed to ride motorcycles! 45 miles on a 2018? Sheesh! :mad: Did he even get it home from the showroom before crashing?
Actually he let a completley inexperienced rider get on it the day that he bought it. They whiskey throttled it into a fence and then he let the bike sit for a year before giving it up to me lol

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
TW meets an immovable object! LOL. YUP, You must do a very close inspection of the triple trees and the steering head to make sure there is no cracks or bends. With all of that good then what you will need is a new front wheel and a pair of fork tubes. The fender bracket is likely to be tweeked but could be bent back and the fender looks ok from here. After you get the wheel and fork tubes removed be sure to check the steering head bearings to make sure there is no rubbing or hanging when turned side to side.
I will go better than Brian and give you a new I Phone X in trade for that nice bike and have it repaired for a few hundred. Any wheel and fork tubes from a TW from 2001 up will bolt right up.

GaryL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts