·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I really like my Jimbo !

Reactions: jtstdub and SanDue

·
Registered
676 Posts
The very first thing we did to our TW's was to break the rear frame! The owners manual says no more weight then a peanut butter sandwich and an apple. Now, if you want a drink with that lunch you will need a rear rack. A lot of members are happy with the Cyclerack. The cool kids are using the Hemann Rack. Very strong triangular bracing that has been field tested. It's not uncommon for me to carry 70 or more pounds on the tail end. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
SanDue- The pics look like a a ridged frame not allowing any shock movement or are my ageing eyes playing tricks.

·
Read Only
173 Posts
The Tusk D-Flex hand guards will go on the stock handlebars without much hassle and they don't break the bank. Had I more money at the time I may have gone with Barkbusters instead but I have no complaints with these Tusks at all. Just take your time on the throttle tube and my advice is to use a dremel with a cone grinder and work from the center hole outward until it is the diameter of the rest of the throttle tube and keep as much tube as possible, instead of sawing off the end of the tube and losing a little bit in the process. If you're going to be doing this I recommend a set of Protaper pillow top grips while you're at it. Those pillow tops are really cheap and really comfortable.

This bike from the factory is way too lean unless you are at a very high elevation so getting to the pilot screw will really make a difference for you as well. (This bike is very lean across the whole throttle range and I'm currently awaiting a jetting kit and I'm pretty much stock other than a Twin Air dual stage air filter, although when I get the kit the snorkel is coming out and maybe opening up the airbox a little more).

If you are going off-road, a skid plate is a must in my opinion. Without it you are really taking a risk on that investment as the stock skid plate is a decoration and your crankcase will take most of the hit instead. Most seem to buy the Ricochet plate and I'm pleased with the one on mine.
Handle bar risers make the ride more comfortable and are a cheap purchase as well. I have also have the wider cheap ebay footpegs (already on the bike when I bought it), but I'm the odd guy that actually doesn't like these wider foot pegs personally.

·
Registered
676 Posts
SanDue- The pics look like a a ridged frame not allowing any shock movement or are my ageing eyes playing tricks.
Good observation BillMichaels. But, I must say there has never been a Hemann Rack failure. Never in the history of the Hemann Rack has there been a report of one breaking. If I may add, the trianglular bracing of the Hemann Rack is positioned behind the riders legs and not in front like the cycle rack guilitene. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
572 Posts
Good observation BillMichaels. But, I must say there has never been a Hemann Rack failure. Never in the history of the Hemann Rack has there been a report of one breaking. If I may add that the trianglular bracing of the Hemann Rack is positioned behind the riders legs and not in front like the cycle rack guilitene. Dirts a Flyen SanDue :rolleyes::D
Ok. I can't tell if you guys are kidding or not. I cannot find any info on a "Hemann Rack". Google can't find it. What is it? Home-made by Hemann or something?

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
SanDue added the brace from the footpeg to the rack to provide additional support.

He goes by many names - though some his wife uses for him are not allowed to be posted here. :eek: Hi Dan! Hi Sue!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome welcome. We need pics of the new ride!

Hand guards and pegs are definitely a great first purchase. The pegs make a big different in my opinion.

These are the foot pegs I ended up with. They're super cheap, but have done excellent so far. Unfortunately it looks like they're currently unavailable, but you may be able to find the same or similar from another seller:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3061YE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For hand guards I got the Cycra ProBend off of Procycle. They're a great size and easy to install: https://procycle.us/bikepages/tw200.html

Good luck. Have fun. Ride safe.

Reactions: SanDue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

i have a 2019 as well, on my side i opted for the Acerbis Rally Pro X-Strong Handguards. They are relatively easy to install and they are looking very good imo.

2019-08-27 12-51-43.png

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have the Acerbis Rally Pro's as well. I like the streamlined look of them. The only unfortunate part (to me anyway), the ACERBIS logo is printed on the guards, so it is not easily removed. Polishing compound, maybe would remove the logo?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts