TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every single issue is available for free on Google Books

Try it, it's fun. Here is the issue from the month and year I was born. (you can use the full page control and zoom control to make it eminently more readable) Guns? Yep. Motorcycles? Yep. Won't see that in today's issues, but I can read those pages and see how I got this way.:D

Boys' Life - Google Books

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
If you scrolled that magazine a bit you saw the Harley Super 10 (hummer). Go over here and drool. If I had $8500 bucks laying around that blue '51 all original with 2 miles on the clock would be...gone!

Harley Hummer For Sale

As a kid, I probably had a thousand dreams that featured me roaring down the country roads on one of those babies. :D Alas, no helmet, grin a mile wide.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And those good old made in the USA Weinbrenner official Scout boots? Yup, you can still get them, and they are still made right here in the USA. Weinbrenner Shoe Company - USA

I'm wearing mine today since I just have some desk work to attend to before young Ben and I head off to go Shopping as soon as he gets off work. Bass Pro in Perrysburg and then up to Dundee to Cabellas. Rare treat for us guys who live in the sticks. Pennies have been saved...new goose shells are on my agenda.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, let's see. The official Boy Scout knives are now made in China. But an enterprising person can still get a real Colonial made in USA cub scout knife straight from Colonial Knife Company. That's interesting since it is a licensed product and the BSA doesn't offer them anymore. Nice sized knife too, had one when I was young...actually I still have it. :D Colonial Knife Company, Inc.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Speaking of Red Ryder BB Guns....don't need no stinking 75th Ann Editon, when you have the real deal....this one has been in my family since I was 2 or 3 years old...think dad and mom purchased it back in 1951 at Christmas....still fires, but not sure if I want to keep it antique looking or refinish it.....being the lazy kind of guy, I'm leaning to keeping it in the Natural State:

Red Ryder 004.JPG Red Ryder 005.JPG

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speaking of Red Ryder BB Guns....don't need no stinking 75th Ann Editon, when you have the real deal....this one has been in my family since I was 2 or 3 years old...think dad and mom purchased it back in 1951 at Christmas....still fires, but not sure if I want to keep it antique looking or refinish it.....being the lazy kind of guy, I'm leaning to keeping it in the Natural State:
Don't you dare touch that rifle. Put a drop of oil in the "little hole" and leave her alone. I got my old one too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts