TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Bradley rear wheel kits and (2) of the rear hub kits arrived today packed well and in good shape

I like the tire as far as clearance on a stock TW swingarm I think the 25" x 8" is a good choice and yes it's not DOT compliant for street use but an LEO would have to be way up your tailpipe to be beefing you over a non DOT tire on a cute lil harmless TW lol

Welds are decent not aerospace grade but certainly good fab shop grade and will do the job

Hub is flame or plasma cut and not particularly polished or refined but no sharp or rough edges I am satisfied for what it is but some polishing and painting or other coating and these could be very pretty parts

As I had surmised from pics there is no hub pilot and the tabs on the hub DO NOT fit into any such recess in the rims as one person suggested (think of Ski Pros signature) BUT I will say the rims are good to high quality and are thicker steel than my Kawasaki ATV so I do think the set up is sufficiently sturdy for the job at hand

Overall I'm giving the Bradley Mountain Goat Hub system a preliminary 9 out of 10 and the only reason for a 1 point from perfect deduction is basically cosmetic but I think the product is excellent

I have only got to the unboxing stage my spacers and seals are on order so I cannot do an install yet
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

Liquid Water Fluid Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Automotive design Rim

Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Motor vehicle Lens

Water Liquid Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Liquid Hood

· Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that it looks pretty good! Received mine Monday. Need to order my spacers and seals and mount it up hopefully in the next week or two.

Also like the 25x8-12. Looking forward to see how it handles offroad versus the 26x8-14 i have on the stocker. Should be able to drop my pressure now that i will be tubeless.
great glad to hear you like yours too I'll look forward to your observations when you get the 12" tire installed

I really do like having no fear of flats with this kit and being able to go super low pressure might be a big bonus in soft sand

· Registered
2,465 Posts
Has anyone found a place that has the bearing spacer in stock ?

Reactions: Snow Fox

· Registered
23,607 Posts
Funny about the DOT concern...was browsing ATV tire listings yesterday and got a kick out of sidewall photo of an ITP TERRACROSS where the "NOT" portion of "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE" had been sanded away.

Product looks great other than I was surprised to see what hopefully are ribbed neck rather than square neck conventional carriage bolts.
Household hardware Auto part Metal Gas Engineering
vs.
Jewellery Household hardware Fashion accessory Metal Nickel

· Registered
2,465 Posts

· Registered
1,242 Posts

· Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
they are gonna sell a bunch of those $70 bearing puller sets

as TWBrian suggested if we can get the specs from a spacer we can order a length of DOM tube and make our own spacer tubes

would be nice to have someone with a lathe to trim the ends dead on balls 90 degrees and true I think I have a machinist here in my complex that can do that for us

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Looks like evderyone will be taking out their existing spacer from the stock wheel for now.
Not if someone takes the initiative to post up the stock measurements. It's just a hacked of piece of pipe.

· Registered
1,242 Posts
Not if someone takes the initiative to post up the stock measurements. It's just a hacked of piece of pipe.
I happen to have one. It goes with a second set that is going to be a spare. Will measure it and post the sizes tomorrow.

Note: They do need to be cut very well and square for the bearings to buck properly against the ends.

· Registered
483 Posts
Hey Fred, and anyone else with experience,

Since you've run the Duro before what are your opinions pro/con of it on mountain single-track? I'm a little concerned about it on side hills where the tire may not want to lean into the hill or perform well on side hill single-track trails with a down hill lean to them. I think long term I may end up swapping to a Duro V2 with a rounder profile but will give this a try. I'm thinking it may be like the old BW I got stuck riding in college because dad preferred the trail 90 in those situations as did I.

· Registered
23,607 Posts
Bodi, your sidehill concern is valid. The original more square profile Duro required me to take more corrective leaning into the hill especially when traversing side hills on late season icy snow compared to other ATV and stock rear tires.
I got used to it thought, and perhaps the sharper shoulder dug in better when up on edge. However I feel the DuroV2 is easier to ride care free. Less concern too when leaned over on tight twisty tarmac.
My biggest issue with the original Duro was a tendency when in deeper tracks made by conventional narrow tired dirt bikes for the Duro sidewalls to engage the rut margins and recoil off contributing to unintentional oscillations from one side of rut to the other. A drunken sailor comes to mind. :)
The more rounded profile Duro V2 tracks straighter in ruts. An all round fairly care free replacement for the stock TrailWing, especially when run tubeless with a tire sealant/balancer inside for flats...leave spoons, patches and spare tubes behind and just enjoy the ride. When you get back home and notice a penetrating nail then no big deal, you are safely back home. Removing nail then becomes elective...riding is much more fun than breaking a bead trailside.
Duro was like soviet tractor babushka, " I make traction! Thats all I do Comrade, but I do it rather well"
ITP Terracross was more like a dancing Bolshoi ballerina capable of breaking traction and sliding around smooth hard packed corners. Playfull comes to mind. Yet still pretty good in sand and snow, here is terrain conditions where the stock tire would fail but either Duro would likely hook up a bit better.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts