TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to find an aftermarket brake lever designed for smaller hands for a 2014 TW. Does anyone know of a company that makes them ...or a lever from a different bike that would work? (I tried ASV's adjustable lever but it doesn't fit correctly)
1.jpg 3.jpg

·
Registered
794 Posts
I was searching around. I don't know how small your reach is if a ASV isn't working.. You might have modify the stock or modify another one.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ronnie!

Maybe I could trade you my custom bent lever for your stock one :D !

Seriously, you can reduce the reach some by using the adjustment screw or you could try bending the lever to change the curve to bring it in closer to the hand grip. I'd suggest having a spare lever on hand before trying to bend yours. Sometimes they will bend and sometimes they just break. Also, be careful not to bring it in so close that you bottom out against the grip before reaching maximum braking.

Brian

100_4392.JPG

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
They use to make plastic levers that turned in. I still have one in my box of stuff.
I can look tomorrow, and post pic. If you'd like, then just PM me.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The shortie is plastic? Do you remember who makes it? I would love to find a shortie that fits without spending big $$ on ASV levers...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Sun Line is molded in the end.
I didn't try it to see if it would fit but they fit all my other Yamaha's. I have no idea why I don't have clutch levers. Might have "loaned" them out.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
No, their from my box of scrap parts from my 1978 DT250 and 1981 IT175 and 1984 IT200.
If OP doesn't want it you can have it.
I'll take you up on your offer if the OP doesn't want it, let me know and I'll send you $$ for postage.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Having re-read the thread: TW-Brian refers to this in post #3, but I missed it when first posted while laughing at his previous line.
So all credit to Brian if it is useful -- and he can take any heat for "condom" too, since he used the word "screw" :eek:
Ha ha, we better both be careful or we may get sent to the "basement" for using bad language ;)!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts