TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the rear wheel to install a new tire and slapped everything back on. Now the tension for thr brake pedal is so loose that i can push it down with 1 finger. I kept the rear arm angle the same and turned the tensioner wingnut almost max inwards but the pedal tension is still loose. The rear brake does activate normally though, not too early and not too late. I checked the spacers on the resr axle and they appear to be straight. I also made sure the guide rails on the drum lined up with the rail on the right side of the swing arm and tensioned my chain back to normal. I don't see anything out of its place on my back end. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If you know it was not that way before; try disconnecting the linkage at the drum, loosen the axle enough to jiggle (technical term) it and brake housing around a little. Set and tighten the axle first and then re-connect the brake linkage at the drum and adjust the wingnut.

The other day I put on larger sprocket and o-ring and put brake components together in midst of everything else, and it ended up binding. Did the above and everything was ok. Advise if that works or not so someone else can jump in with other possible solutions.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the 2nd spring is on the pushrod. Im gonna try dissambling some of the axle and rod components and wiggle them, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts