TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This deal is so good I just had to share. In fact, it's so damn good that it must not be true...now that I think about it. It's got to be a typ-o!? There's just no way it's over 3 grand under MSRP, right? Sigh... If not, though, anyone in SoCal looking for the best bang for buck (by FAR!) on any new sport bike... this would definitely be it!

Probably 85% of the performance of brand new flagship superbikes that cost 20 grand... Wow! I'm not a salesman or anything but damn...I could sell this LOL. I'm actually pretty tempted to like, go down and buy it tomorrow...man that would feel good!

If you read some reviews/watch YouTube (if you don't already know) you'll also see that the GSXS1000, even at 11 grand, is a really good deal -- a ton of performance, look, sound, and streetability for even that price!

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2018-Suzuki-GSX-S1000F-ABS-122874179 (note that the throttle issues mentioned early in the video have since been worked out by Suzuki)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
These are the same guys that were advertising low ball prices on new TWs. $3999. The shipping and set up were killers.

I wouldn’t buy this bike because the key is too big. Lol size matters.

Cool bike great price IF you can get it.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a fair point, but I figure that even if they tack $2,500 in BS "fees" on top, it's still going to be a crazy good deal (IF it's actually starting at 8 grand). I feel a strange sort of midlife-crisis-esque need to go buy it LOL...

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
That is a fair point, but I figure that even if they tack $2,500 in BS "fees" on top, it's still going to be a crazy good deal (IF it's actually starting at 8 grand). I feel a strange sort of midlife-crisis-esque need to go buy it LOL...
Well if your testicles are still in your possession you will be signing the paperwork tomorrow.

Tom

:toothy10:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tom that sounds like a challenge🤣

kJ Call and make sure they have have this lost leader bike still in stock before you drive Over the hill. If they still have it you could try and see what kinda of deal will happen. Stores like this use these tactics to drive traffic into the store where they bait and switch and sell a more expensive bike or sell the advertised bike at a higher price after ”fees”.

That’s a cool bike and that price would be awesome. You never know I once bought a Tundra at the end of the year for an awesome price and great financing. They had a lot of that model in inventory and Toyota gave them the incentive to sell them.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't know if it came across in text here, but I'm not really serious about buying it (unfortunately). The thought has legitimately crossed my mind, but it's more of a pipe dream, really...haha. I would be arrested and/or have the bike impounded in short order, on something like this, but it would be fun while it lasted, and sometimes I just don't care. The GSXS has given me the same sort of feeling I used to get as a kid, when my dad would take me to the local swap meets on Sundays, and I'd see those little cheap plastic cap guns on display: always wanted to blow the piggy bank on them -- every time. They were trash and would break after a few caps, but it didn't matter. Not that this Suzuki motorcycle would break like that (I'm certain it wouldn't...), but the draw is much the same (an emotional response...not logical if fully thought through).

Tweaker: I know exactly what you mean about dealers. Long ago, I learned never to trust any of them, and became very good at not falling for BS traps like that. Any time I make a new purchase, I will learn everything I want/need to know before I ever speak to anyone at the dealer, and I will stick to my guns 100 percent -- no bully-victim-complex-buyer's-remorse for me :)

It's funny, though, I can just see such a shady situation going down, as if it were happening in front of me: young kid walks in, all excited about his first street bike, and asks the salesman about it. Let's call this kid, Smiley. Smiley is a nice guy, but a little naive. "Nah bro, that bike is more for women; it doesn't have the power of a real man's bike. That's why it's so cheap. A rock star like you would be bored of it in a week. You want something with real performance. Check out this R1M over here, man! This thing's totally sick, right bro!? Let's see what kind of deal we can work out for you. I know you probably are on a budget, so I'll make sure I get my manager to hook you up..." *proceeds to commence with 'negotations' with manager, comes up with a "killer deal" and a catch-phrase explanation/excuse for the stratospheric price (one sourced from the scripted "sales guide" from his manager), then "works with" the kid, taking off 500 bucks before finalizing the deal* Two weeks later...Smiley is spread thin across a guard rail somewhere, and his shiny new $23k R1M is bent in half...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The GSX-S has been on my radar too. Of course, I'm inseam-challenged, so anything in the 32" seat height range turns my head. Dear Santa...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
But have you been a good boy, that's the question. I bet you get a lump of coal like I do every year!!! haha haha...:p
You get a lump of COAL!? Damn, LT, you MUST have been good; I keep getting a lump of SHIT for Christmas...the fireplace is full of it LOL :) Santa can't fit down the chimney, so he just drops his presents from the roof top.

Too much...? Haha...probably...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I must be bad to the bone, he's never come to my house!!! :D
You get a lump of COAL!? Damn, LT, you MUST have been good; I keep getting a lump of SHIT for Christmas...the fireplace is full of it LOL :) Santa can't fit down the chimney, so he just drops his presents from the roof top.

Too much...? Haha...probably...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts