TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am a new TW owner and new to the forum. This is probably a simple question, but how do I remove the brass plug covering the pilot screw? I don't have a lot of carburetor experience and I don't want to damage anything.

My situation:

I am trying to fix a problem where my TW starves for fuel if I open up the throttle too far. I suspect it is the float level. I have adjusted it several times without fixing the problem. After my last adjustment, the bike is now difficult to start and keep running. I think I have lowered the float level too far and intend to raise it a hair today. I am hoping to get it running well enough to go for a 300 mile ride this weekend. If I can't get it this time I am preparing myself to remove the float and carb float needle valve.

All input is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Welcome Montana!

There is a small hole in the center of the plug. Take a sharp pointed screw like a wood deck screw and thread it into this holes until it gets a good bite. Then just pull/wiggle the screw and the plug should come right out. Just discard the plug so you will have easy access to this jet for future adjustments.

Brian

·
Registered
173 Posts
I did mine on the bike. The space is tight so I bought a Milwaukee right angle drill adapter-

And used a Tec (self-drilling) screw right into the chuck. This made the distance from the tip of the screw to the back of the chuck just right to fit in. It drilled a little and as the threads on the screw hit- the plug came out. Sweet! HTH, OM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts