TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We headed out west of Boise to the Owyhee region near Jump and Poison Creek. We ran about 40 miles of dirt roads and jeep trails. My boy did about 10. He did good but we swapped when we hit a really nasty downhill section. It was steep, rocky, covered in pea-gravel and moon dust. I even shut it off and used the tranny as a rear brake so I could keep my feet down. Even with that I dumped it once when the front tire twisted out and down I went giving me a nice shin banger as a war wound.

The best part was the Succor Creek overlook. Awesome!! IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0936.JPG

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great day !
Before folks start it up,
You will see that everyone will tell you that you need a Shinko 241 up front to help with the traction,
I wish a had a place as nice to ride as you!
Nothing epic real close to me, But some nice wooded trails all the same,
Looks like your TW is well outfitted, Did you buy it like that or do it yourself?

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
We headed out west of Boise to the Owyhee region near Jump and Poison Creek. We ran about 40 miles of dirt roads and jeep trails. My boy did about 10. He did good but we swapped when we hit a really nasty downhill section. It was steep, rocky, covered in pea-gravel and moon dust. I even shut it off and used the tranny as a rear brake so I could keep my feet down. Even with that I dumped it once when the front tire twisted out and down I went giving me a nice shin banger as a war wound.

The best part was the Succor Creek overlook. Awesome!! View attachment 128105 View attachment 128113 View attachment 128121

That's a neat little pond, isn't it? I was there earlier this year. I was in this area shortly after the 2015 200,000 acre Soda Fire. Everything was burnt up so I had to go back. Other than some of the tree's look burnt you can't even tell a fire was here 2 years ago.

Did you go all the way down and across the bridge at Succor Creek. The descent down does keep your attention for sure. Nice trip y'all had!

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
Yes we went all the way to Succor Creek State Park. Great area to stop and use the facilities and stretch. That descent was not near as bad as the one down to that little desert oasis pond. Sheesh. That was rough!!
oh yeah, there is the steep hill on the other side of the dam from where your standing in the picture. I came up the basin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts