TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is a lot of discussion regarding the breaking of tire beads and tire repair on the road. I would suggest each and every one of you use a product that we have used on large truck tires for years called Freylube. It is a messy, black, staining, dirty to handle product. It is used to lubricate and preserve the bead of a tire, as well as protect the bead and rim from rust. It also simplifies the removal of tires from the bead because the bead cannot stick to the rim. It would be very simple to remove your wheels at home, lubricate the beads, and re-inflate the tire without removing the tire. That would make it easy to do a field repair on the tube. It takes very little product to coat the beads of two tires. I have purchased it from my tire suppliers, some large truck tire stores might have it, but few use it because it is messy. I do have source if someone is interested.

Mel

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone has question regarding Freylube, Google Freylube Supra. I have a small amount left over from my business that I could possibly pack in small amounts, and ship. Smallest amount to buy is 4.5 lbs. I usually bought it in 35 lb pails.

Mel

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If anyone has question regarding Freylube, Google Freylube Supra. I have a small amount left over from my business that I could possibly pack in small amounts, and ship. Smallest amount to buy is 4.5 lbs. I usually bought it in 35 lb pails.

Mel
I'd be interested in getting some of that lube from you, I can't find the 4.5 lb tubs for sale.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zoomer, the Prema will work just as well as the supra, for what you are doing with it.

Mel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts