TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been posting so many thing recently because all these things just came out of no where. My thing for today is I was getting ready to take of on a long journey and right as I clicked it down into first while holding in the clutch it died then I did it a few more time and the same thing then I tried 2nd gear same thing and when I start it up using the electric starter it makes a strange noise. I very worried so if I can get some help that would be just awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
388 Posts
The engine is blown. I'll give you $300 for the bike.

...or you could put the kickstand up.

Reactions: oldworld 124

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine is blown. I'll give you $300 for the bike.

...or you could put the kickstand up.
Also The bike runs perfectly fine in neutral. Also I just got a brand new battery because I shorted out the last one and a fresh oil change. Also I just remembered I rode it around my block once and it was fine but then I let it idle while I rode my dirt bike around the block and it was fine but when I was finished getting ready for my TW ride I popped it into 1st and it DIED.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Did you have the kickstand down when you put it in gear?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Check the kickstand switch then. If you have the kickstand down it will kill the engine unless it's in neutral.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'll still give you $300 for it.

Reactions: oldworld 124

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope this is in jest... if not I'm sorry bro. When you say shattered, I'm assuming there was a variety of sounds involving metal grinding and bouncing off of stuff? Where are you at? Maybe someone can help assess...
Yea I'm thinking of doing an engine swap because I have a spare 2012 tw200 motor on my floor in my shop but I will try but it will be very hard.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I hope this is in jest... if not I'm sorry bro. When you say shattered, I'm assuming there was a variety of sounds involving metal grinding and bouncing off of stuff? Where are you at? Maybe someone can help assess...
Yup! Would love to help tear down something of this nature and see what happened. Take photos and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yea I'm thinking of doing an engine swap because I have a spare 2012 tw200 motor on my floor in my shop but I will try but it will be very hard.
Well good luck sir, should be fairly simple if you're just replacing, but good luck anyway.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
O.K. I reviewed all your posts. First you inquired about speed shifting (shifting without using the clutch) Then you posted about a noise tapping. Then you posted about the bike stalling when shifted into gear, and now you post that it's grenaded. I would guess the valve train is suspect.
Might want to start by taking the valve chain cover off and seeing if the chain is still in one piece.

·
Registered
388 Posts
$301

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
O.K. I reviewed all your posts. First you inquired about speed shifting (shifting without using the clutch) Then you posted about a noise tapping. Then you posted about the bike stalling when shifted into gear, and now you post that it's grenaded. I would guess the valve train is suspect.
Might want to start by taking the valve chain cover off and seeing if the chain is still in one piece.
Ok I will try that what should I look for.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Ok I will try that what should I look for.
It will be obvious; either the chain will be intact and on their sprockets with no damage, or the chain will be off the sprocket and balled up somewhere jambing the bike from turning over.

Do you have a shop manual for the bike? If not, I think there's a link to one on line here someplace. Find it and look over how to inspect the valve chain components as well as the valves.

Reactions: Fred
1 - 20 of 35 Posts