TW200 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
Josiah, since you have the "Blue Lives Matter" flag as an avatar how can we not but help you evaluate and hopefully help solve your engine problem?
As SkiPro suggests why not take a little time and open up cover over timing chain, possibly valve covers too and observe things as you turn over engine either with starter or slowly by hand with socket on flywheel not to see what is happening?
Some of us are happy to help. A simple engine swap may solve things but issue may not be so severe as to require trashing the existing engine in an undiagnosed state.

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It will be obvious; either the chain will be intact and on their sprockets with no damage, or the chain will be off the sprocket and balled up somewhere jambing the bike from turning over.

Do you have a shop manual for the bike? If not, I think there's a link to one on line here someplace. Find it and look over how to inspect the valve chain components as well as the valves.
Ok I will Update you tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Josiah, since you have the "Blue Lives Matter" flag as an avatar how can we not but help you evaluate and hopefully help solve your engine problem?
As SkiPro suggests why not take a little time and open up cover over timing chain, possibly valve covers too and observe things as you turn over engine either with starter or slowly by hand with socket on flywheel not to see what is happening?
Some of us are happy to help. A simple engine swap may solve things but issue may not be so severe as to require trashing the existing engine in an undiagnosed state.
I problem wont trash the whole engine because I'm actually 13 years old and I have a small business in fixing and remolding dirt bikes. Honda is my speashalty. I will use that engine for a project or spare parts.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have a 13 year old grandson. I wish I could get him interested in riding!
Where abouts do you live? What state?

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have a 13 year old grandson. I wish I could get him interested in riding!
Where abouts do you live? What state?
I'm in Oregon and I'm pretty new to it but I'm wishing I had friends because I just rejected by them. I do have one friend but he tried my Crf230f and if scared him so bad. Now I'm getting soon a 2006 Cr125r to do track and hare scramble races. Its a very fun sport to me at least. And I have thought many kids how to ride and I'm pretty good at it. I started riding on a stock TW200 because no mater what they can't pop a wheelie but I started riding 1 year ago and I have improved a ton Especially my skill. If you are around Washington or Oregon I'll tell you more of a located point. Or I will just say right now I'm about 2 hours away from the Oregon coast and a little outside Portland Oregon.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My wife grew up in Beaverton and was born in Corvallis. I used to do a lot of hare scrambles and enduro racing in California where I live now and around Rogue River, Oregon.

·
Registered
21,051 Posts
Sounds like we're dealing with a young man who knows what he's doing, or at least is happy learning what he's doing.
I bet our wheelie-resistant TW's seem like heavy pigs when you are 13 and have a Cr125r to roost around on.
Feed us your TW's symptoms and observations as you dive into the problem. Good help here either with answers or links to answers. Most of us have screwed the pooch one way or another with these machines so little has gone wrong that has not already been discussed and solved...often with pictures that even I can understand.:)

Reactions: Westieterrier

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sounds like we're dealing with a young man who knows what he's doing, or at least is happy learning what he's doing.
I bet our wheelie-resistant TW's seem like heavy pigs when you are 13 and have a Cr125r to roost around on.
Feed us your TW's symptoms and observations as you dive into the problem. Good help here either with answers or links to answers. Most of us have screwed the pooch one way or another with these machines so little has gone wrong that has not already been discussed and solved...often with pictures that even I can understand.:)
Wow this made me laugh so much. I love working on them more than riding them

·
Registered
2007 tw200
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My wife grew up in Beaverton and was born in Corvallis. I used to do a lot of hare scrambles and enduro racing in California where I live now and around Rogue River, Oregon.
Wow that's pretty far. I live in the country but tell the kid its fun once you know how to do it because I first tried and I laid over the bike and was pretty cocky. then I tried again and I did well But it took me about 15 tries each time to take off. and Now I'm really good at it and It is so fun.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Still waiting on the shattered engine pics.

And the KX450 swap info.

Reactions: KenR74

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm in Oregon and I'm pretty new to it but I'm wishing I had friends because I just rejected by them. I do have one friend but he tried my Crf230f and if scared him so bad. Now I'm getting soon a 2006 Cr125r to do track and hare scramble races. Its a very fun sport to me at least. And I have thought many kids how to ride and I'm pretty good at it. I started riding on a stock TW200 because no mater what they can't pop a wheelie but I started riding 1 year ago and I have improved a ton Especially my skill. If you are around Washington or Oregon I'll tell you more of a located point. Or I will just say right now I'm about 2 hours away from the Oregon coast and a little outside Portland Oregon.
Oregon rules! I’m IN Portland young man.

·
Registered
134 Posts
To the gentlemen low-balling a child for his broken motorcycle: Please remit your offers to him in cash for him to decide who gets it.
Or not.
Under Oregon law any contract with a person his age is voidable without redress. Self-help won’t work either; Dad’s probably a cop with many guns. So get those checks out now!

Young man, we’re waiting for those pictures so the more experienced folks here can help you. Please follow through. P

·
Registered
370 Posts
Who you calling a gentleman?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts