TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to buy this bike for the last two months. It is street legal 450!! The previous owner is a great guy but between work schedules and vacation schedules it took a while. Now to get started on the fun stuff. Remove the stickers, install JD carb kit, seat concepts seat, Clarke gas tank to start.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have been trying to buy this bike for the last two months. It is street legal 450!! The previous owner is a great guy but between work schedules and vacation schedules it took a while. Now to get started on the fun stuff. Remove the stickers, install JD carb kit, seat concepts seat, Clarke gas tank to start.

Hi Ebbanflood: Wait at least 2 days before you kill yourself. Get your "moto" gear together. And get your health & life insurance updated.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ebbanflood: Wait at least 2 days before you kill yourself. Get your "moto" gear together. And get your health & life insurance updated.

Very strange thing for a fellow motorcyclist to say. Is this bike more dangerous than my RM400, ZL900, Ducati 900SS etc. etc. etc?

·
Registered
656 Posts

Very strange thing for a fellow motorcyclist to say. Is this bike more dangerous than my RM400, ZL900, Ducati 900SS etc. etc. etc?
Yes, sorry for the BS joking around. Ride on.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Looking good, man! Skid plate and lever guards already done - good deal! Damn it I hope I can get my KLX fixed soon. I'm getting serious Enduro withdrawal symptoms! The Suzuki is there but I don't feel like dirt riding while one of my bikes is down - rather spend what little free time I have fixing the Kawasaki first.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
KTM...I swear it's like an infectious disease with no cure. You don't want to catch it, but once you have it, you're happy with it!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, stay away from this stuff! I was trying to stay away from it for years but I gave in.

My Son is autistic and loves riding on the motorcycles with me. He went with me in the truck to pick it up. When we got home he said "Take a ride" and I said ok but was worried about no rear foot pegs. Then he said "This one" and pointed to the TW, and all is well with the world!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have a nice stable there yourself, Love that KX250.
Nice find and addition to your quiver of bikes. Variety is the spice of life I've heard. Bikes come, and bikes go. When someone talks about KTM's you'll be sayin' 'been there, done that'. Well done!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still spending time trying to get this how I want it. I mounted the MXC Desert tank, then I needed to find the earlier seat. I did the JD jet kit plus 2 accelerator pump mods. Did the valve adjustments, changed the antifreeze to Evans, added an overflow reservoir. Changed the orange number plates to black. It runs like a scalded rabbit now. I did 300 miles in the woods last week, I will be back there in the morning for more fun. As a side note, my wife asked me to take the TW and not the KTM since I am going alone tomorrow. I like that she has a favorite. It is late, I will take better pics in daylight.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
are you bringing the TW or the KTM to Moab?

·
Registered
976 Posts
KTMs are incredible machines, congratulations!

I've only ridden one once, but it instantly added 20+ mph to my comfortable trail riding speed. I was easily convinced that those orange bikes deserve their reputation for excellence.

Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts