TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I can see from the tank it is an early Honda. Because of the front fender I'm guessing a Honda CL350 Scrambler. It looks like a very clean one, too. Nice score!!! Let's see more.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
looks very clean!

yea that's what i was thinking...looks mint for an older bike (no idea what bike) from what i can see in that photo...don't keep us in suspense man!!!

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Make sure you check the cam chain and tensioners also the charging system. Those are the two weak links on 350/450's.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
It looks to be very stock. That's rare as most of them had extended fork tubes and ape hangers installed in a cheap attempt to look like a chopper.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Perfect! Is it even broke in?

I had a blue one just like that for a while.

3900 miles, which I actually believe. The exhaust looks nice, but it has the typical hole on the inner side. I'm considering a Supertrapp or two, but unsure how I'd like to mount it all. As well, the seat is just plain hard. It doesn't squish when you sit down because I guess it's all out of squish, and a little tear in the cover. So I'm gonna make up a new seat, and I have some of that ballistic gel stuff I might try in there.

Then it has pods instead of the original airboxes, which I'd kinda like to revert to. Then carb tuning.

So, it's not perfect, but I feel it will be very fun and I'll hear some nice stories at the gas stations.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, it's not perfect, but I feel it will be very fun and I'll hear some nice stories at the gas stations.

I just had to say, my first fuel up got me a story about some guy's CL175 and how he has a CB350 now that he'd like to restore. The TW got some looks and questions, but it's been awhile since I've had anybody approach me to chat about bikes. Kinda nice for a change.

Make sure you check the cam chain and tensioners also the charging system. Those are the two weak links on 350/450's.

I appreciate the advice. I think I will look into the tensioner before riding season gets far along. What I'm unsure of is which way to go about replacing it. There's some newer tensioner pulley made with teflon or some such material, then there's the KA slipper tensioner.

For the charging system, everything seems nearly new except the coils, which I think are giving weak spark when fully warm. The diagnosis fits and it's the only older ignition component on there still. As well I might try the Hondaman ignition just to make things a tad more reliable.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Lot's of great up-grade stuff out there for old Honda's. Better camchains and guides along with pointless setups. Even Racetech makes fork up-grades. Have Fun!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts