TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ridden there? Seems to be a big biker destination for Harleys. The island is only accessible via ferry and I hear that there are very few cars. I want to check it out as soon as I get the bike back up and running, but I was hoping someone would have some input.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I do not think Brussels is an Island. Brussels is between the Mississippi and Illinois rivers. You can cross from Illinois to Brussels and cross the Golden Eagle Ferry to Missouri. If you are more north by Hardin you can cross by bridge from Ill. In Missouri to find a bridge you have to go to Louisana. I have crossed the ferries a few times but not on a motorcycle and just went from the Brussels ferry to the Golden Eagle ferry.
River Ferries of the Middle Mississippi River Valley

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Brussels is actually just down at the tip of the peninsula there, but for whatever reason most of the people in Alton that I speak to refer to it as "Brussels Island". I think that's just come about due to the use of ferries.

Did you ride around Brussels? How was the scenery? The TW isn't really a cruiser, but its all I've got. I'd like to maybe check out Brussels and then go down 94 through the wine country sometime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts