TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to to Jim yesterday the owner of "Yamaha TW200 DualSport Worldwide" (which I'm a member of) Facebook page and he mentioned he had a spare TW. He called it a Buddy Bike which I had never heard the term used before. When I bought my Black Widow I wasn't sure what I would do with an extra bike...and now I know. If this Vermont title works out I will have a Buddy Bike so if member stops by... "You have wheels" :D

Who else has a Buddy Bike?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am comsidering keeping using my TW in that manner. Leaving it at the cottage for "others" to use. It would slso be nice to have there when I dont want to load up the bikes or we take the Explorer.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
For folks that are visiting for BBQ/Birthday Party/etc. the TW is the "Buddy Bike".
Especially for those folks that say "Gee, I haven't ridden a bike in years" or "you know what they say, you never forget how to ride". Yeah, right, get off the BMW, here's the keys to the Yamaha and follow close behind me!

The TW is an easy & gentle way for them to get reacquainted (and keeps my other bikes safe). I see all potential riders as "Mayhem" when their feet haven't been in the water for years.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I have one. I've always called it a "loaner". You don't have to be my "buddy" to use it. :D

buddy.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
For folks that are visiting for BBQ/Birthday Party/etc. the TW is the "Buddy Bike".
Especially for those folks that say "Gee, I haven't ridden a bike in years" or "you know what they say, you never forget how to ride". Yeah, right, get off the BMW, here's the keys to the Yamaha and follow close behind me!

The TW is an easy & gentle way for them to get reacquainted (and keeps my other bikes safe). I see all potential riders as "Mayhem" when their feet haven't been in the water for years.

Get off T-Dubs! Let me see you ride the mountain bike through all gears first! (There has been issues).. lol :)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Guess I have a TW200 Buddy Bike available.
A while back I leaped at the chance to guy Gerry's Mr.Gizmo TW200. After hosting a 3-day group ride only to have Betty Boop's stator poop out on the first day I realized having a spare second bike was not such a bad idea.

·
Registered
416 Posts
So, here is how I fulfill the buddy bike need. I use the craigslists pro app and search the surrounding areas for "cheap" but clean TW's that are posted. I usually have at least one bike on hand that is either for sale or going to be put up for sale when the time is right. Right now, I have a 2006 sitting in the garage waiting for the right time to turn into a $600-$800 profit. If my son is home from college he rides the "extra" bike with me or it is available for drop in TW members that need a "Boise Foothills Fix". Sometimes I even have two or three for sale. :p

It's hard to explain, but I get very nervous and twitchy if I only have my bike on hand. Can someone recommend a really good therapist?

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Do you want to talk to me about this?
Smitty - I don't need to talk, but if you want to go crawl around the hills turning gas into noise, I'm in! At $2.25 gallon that's my kind of therapy. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts