TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation for a cleaning product/technique that won't damage the face-shield on my helmet?
I did search, but if it's been discussed I couldn't find it. Figured I'd ask before trying anything.
Thanks!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Soak a paper towel in hot water and lay it on the shield for a bit, keep wetting it if necessary. They'll come off after a bit with no problems.
This works great but I use a washcloth and then a towel for the windshield on my road bike. Hydrate those bugs and they come off easy. I also use Rain-X on my shields.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
... Figured I'd ask before trying anything.
Thanks!
RBM has the good advice! But if you clean your shield and whatever else as soon as you get home from a ride it will be MUCH easier! From an old pilot who learned NEVER to put away a plane with bugs on the windshield and leave it for a WEEK! :mad::lol:

I just use plain water every ride then Plexus about once a month or two. I go to the local thrift store and buy 100% cotton face or hand towels for $.50 or a dollar that still feel soft to the face, then replace them every few months or so. Synthetics or blends WILL scratch a face shield! Paper towels are even worse (if you wipe with them...just laying a wet one on the shield is fine).

·
Registered
546 Posts
Soak a paper towel in hot water and lay it on the shield for a bit, keep wetting it if necessary. They'll come off after a bit with no problems.
This must be a popular method because I use it too.....cheap and easy. I love plexus but it's kind of pricey to use frequently and I'm kind of cheap.

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
807 Posts
Dont know if Id use it on a face sheild but on everything else, a dryer sheet moistened in water. Its like magic :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much everybody! :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I've checked with the manufacturer of Rain X years ago and according to them it's safe on polycarbonates, like the face shield and windshields.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts