TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it is that time of year again. Occasionally get to see these things headed out on their way to the festival beginning this week.

Whats the big draw, it’s just an big, big, empty dry playa? 636393942965136991-Burning-Man-2017-9.JPG

Well, imagine these things rolling around superimposed on the landscape...post-apocolyptical new age synthetic synthesis . 5cbbccbeb7306800a5e5cdd40bdbf251.jpg 54cfd46abc5ab_-_burning-man-cars-01-0512-lgn.jpg 54cfd46b31217_-_burning-man-cars-03-0512-de.jpg 54cfd46ba39a2_-_burning-man-cars-05-0512-de.jpg

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Incredible.
Bucket-List for me before I can't walk.

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the truckload this stuff gets hauled out there and erected by big cranes. This is big money time, a far, far cry from the simple origins of free art erected on San Francisco Bay’s mud flats for the simple joy of artistic expression. While pretending not to be corporate the Burning Man has evolved quite the corporate affair with trendy jet setters jetting in for some wild exclusive catered experiences. While the average little guy can still have a great simple experience imagining all are equal once covered with caked on playa dust there is a hierarchy of haves and have nots with private airstrips and exclusive compounds. Things like the aircraft fuselage are just as likely to be something just for Silicone Valley executives and their guests. Gone are the days when you could have radio controlled automobiles full of explosives as mobile targets.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Some random pics of the 100s
I took. There is just to much to see while there.
It is not a cheap festival tho. If you want to bring in an RV as I did, after entrance all the fees etc it costs about $1,000 but you certainly are never bored. I lost 7 lbs while there. Rode my bicycle 15 to 20 Mile's a day. Having the Dub there would be incredible and even the stock seat is light years better than my bicycle seat :/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man

Pretty crazy art and values being expressed..... came across a regional Burning Man this spring in Tygh Valley Oregon while touring on m FJ-09.... hung out for two days enjoying the vibe

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some 70,000 of the “burners” fly into Reno’s airport and then proceed to empty grocery store shelves before heading north to join those who drove at the temporary city on the Black Rock Desert Playa. Burner.jpg
A week later they depart leaving a patina of playa dust in their wake.
After all the wind can really blowout these at times. :p Burner habib.jpg

Like Dorothy should have said in Wizard of Oz “It’s all fun until someone’s house blows away. hqdefault.jpg

LittleTommy should go, He would find a way to have a good time. 4.jpg

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Nighttime is certainly the right time on the playa. Aqueous.jpg
Did I mention that there are some big money attendees who are well catered to. Want to fly into Reno, or Seattle for a good dinner then jet back in time for the night looniness? Your private Jet awaits on the adjacent private runway set up on the playa just for the Burning Man elite. Or possibly get comp’ed to a ride in a Burning Man Gulfstream G450 article-0-20D3CCAC00000578-471_964x558.jpg

It is, or was a unique experience. Burning Man has spawned at least another 70 similar tribal gatherings globally. After all, what other event is visible from outer space? I don’t think any can compare with the original on the Black Rock Dessert. burning man space.jpg

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not too late to fly out and enjoy the burning of the Burning Man tonight. If you can get to Reno then Burner Air will fly you out for $450, or $800 round trip. From L.A. or San Francisco there is this $2,200 option:Visit page

1 - 20 of 27 Posts