TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a long day with the TW. Started pulling it all apart at 10am. Changed the front & rear sprocket, new chain, and replaced the base gasket. Went ahead and put the 47t rear sprocket on, LOVE IT! Tonight wasn't the best night to test it out due to the 20+ mph winds but I can already tell a huge difference. Less vibrations at 55mph and it got up to 70 a lot easier. The base gasket was a chore, but it was definitely fun to take it apart and learn more about the bike. It's now ready for the 1100+ mile journey at the end of June!.

Got a question though. Does anyone know what size the bolt is that holds the muffler on the rear frame? Apparently mine decided to commit suicide and jump out while riding.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Had a long day with the TW. Started pulling it all apart at 10am. Changed the front & rear sprocket, new chain, and replaced the base gasket. Went ahead and put the 47t rear sprocket on, LOVE IT! Tonight wasn't the best night to test it out due to the 20+ mph winds but I can already tell a huge difference. Less vibrations at 55mph and it got up to 70 a lot easier. The base gasket was a chore, but it was definitely fun to take it apart and learn more about the bike. It's now ready for the 1100+ mile journey at the end of June!.

Got a question though. Does anyone know what size the bolt is that holds the muffler on the rear frame? Apparently mine decided to commit suicide and jump out while riding.
Sorry, don't know the size. But it is metric.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sorry, don't know the size. But it is metric.
I'm thinking it's 8x1.25 with a 12mm head maybe 19mm long. Best source is salvaged from an Asian import car. Better steel than the hardware store

and 12mm instead of 13mm head. Hit up your local salvage yard

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking it's 8x1.25 with a 12mm head maybe 19mm long. Best source is salvaged from an Asian import car. Better steel than the hardware store

and 12mm instead of 13mm head. Hit up your local salvage yard

Thank you sir. I may grab one tomorrow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
get a bolt that is a little longer and put a jam nut behind it. Mine came out twice, then I put the jam nut on, and no more troubles.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1100 mile trip?? Spill it, where ya going??

I'm going to do the Trans-Arkansas Trail (TART) from the Missouri border down to El Dorado, AR. Then plan another route back up to NWA. The TART itself is something like 543 miles, and I'm sure the return route will be just as long, maybe longer. I'm going to take the week off from work and just have fun with it.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I'm going to do the Trans-Arkansas Trail (TART) from the Missouri border down to El Dorado, AR. Then plan another route back up to NWA. The TART itself is something like 543 miles, and I'm sure the return route will be just as long, maybe longer. I'm going to take the week off from work and just have fun with it.
I've had my eye on the TART for a while myself, One of these days I'll take off and ride it. You'll have a blast on it, post pic's when you are done.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm planning on doing it the last week of June if you want to join. I think I'll head west and go through DeQueen and up the OK/AR border back here on the return trip.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Thanks for the invite, I'd like to join you but I hope to be going across Arkansas on the TAT then, we may meet in the middle along the way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts