TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys need some advice.

Have the opportunity to buy this 2008 TW200 for 2k . It has 6800 miles on it and the owner is a 75 year old guy who just drives it around town. Comes with tank bags and luggage rack.

Good Deal?? Anything I need to look for when I pick it up?

Thanks !

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yes, 2 grand is a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum Captain!! :D

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Hi Capt.,

Welcome to the forum!

Looks like a nice clean, unmolested TW. Check around the base of the cylinder where it is attached to the crankcase for any evidence of oil leakage. Some bikes between 2005-2010 have developed a base gasket leak. Not a big showstopper, but something worth looking for.

Good luck!

Brian

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and I will answer with an enthusiastic YES that 2 grand is an excellent deal for a TW in what appears to be great condition.

Careful, though...you are about to embark on a journey that will test the depth of your wallet with all the places you'll want to go with that little mule!

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
From an Admiral to a Capt, Welcome. Good price for the year and mileage. Hope everything is in order and we get to see picture's. We like picture's!:p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Sir Admiral ! I love pics too.

Moab- Seems like I keep going down these money holes. My hobbies are Boats, Fishing, Cave Diving, Comm Equipment, Now Motorcycles… Its amazing my wife puts up with me!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Moab- Seems like I keep going down these money holes. My hobbies are Boats, Fishing, Cave Diving, Comm Equipment, Now Motorcycles… Its amazing my wife puts up with me![/QUOTE]

Yes, I saw the photos of your Garmin watch/GPS...Fenix I believe? You have nice taste, Sir. The TW certainly will complete your professional repertoire.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oh ! I forgot watches…. Another vice. !

Where did you see the pics? Its for sale you know :)
Your picture links to your PhotoBucket account.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts