TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a TW200 tomorrow, 6000 miles on it, and its a 92.

I've wrenched and ridden for many years - but wondering if there is anything special to look out for on these TW200s?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hope you buy it, these bikes are great. Not much to look out for besides the usual stuff if you have worked and ridden bikes for years. Join the TW Facebook group.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good! Thank you! Just making sure it's not like "cam chains go at 10k miles in the pre 95s" or something.

I'll give it a once over and make sure the motor sounds good and I'll be getting it!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pretty bulletproof. If ypu can ride it, it's probably solid.

Reactions: Travbee and admiral

·
Registered
375 Posts
87 had electrical issues, they changed it in 88. 2001 changed to a CV carb, front disc brake and lost the kick starter. Everything else is pretty much the same since 87.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I've got a 1993 with over 46,000 miles on it. I think that bike is just broke in. I had to do a valve job at 42,000 miles so it should last you a while before major work. I coated my gas tank and added a fuel filter. I have only done one carburetor overhaul.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1992 in what seemed to be totally fine shape. Paid 2100 for it, which doesn't seem like a DEAL but the market is tough at the moment here in the Midwest.

Runs and rides great. The front brake lever will need adjusting. It doesn't grab til it's almost at the grip, but it does grab well enough.

I'll clean it up and take more pictures later.

Thanks all

·
Registered
66 Posts
Super curious about the on/off switch on the headlight shroud....

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Kills the headlight. Which I'm fine with, but also don't really like....
When I have rode over rougher terrain it seems it doesn't take long until my headlight burns out. Remember bumping an old incandesent bulb drop light, pow the bulb was gone every time. Maybe it's just my bike but the headlight bulb seems to do something similar, premature failure within months instead of years. Just maybe he turned the headlighgt off for daytime trail riding. Though in heavy travelled areas it is still a good idea to leave on your headlight. Getting hit on the street or trail is bad.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wecome to the forum
And the T-dub club
Where you get the most
Smiles per gallon

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking at a TW200 tomorrow, 6000 miles on it, and its a 92.

I've wrenched and ridden for many years - but wondering if there is anything special to look out for on these TW200s?

Thanks so much!
BE CAREFUL ! These goofy bikes are addicting . Bought one 3 months ago , they aren't great at anything BUT they are just weird and FUN . I bought a crf230 yesterday . Great bike ! I was thinking I would get it and sell the TW . Nope , not gonna do it . Totally different . Maybe that's why the TW has been in production almost unchanged for 300 years ! OK well in bike production years it's almost like 300 . HAVE FUN and don't think about fast or smooth or comfortable because it isn't BUT THEY ARE TONS OF FUN .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts