TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a new or almost new TW200 and wanted to ask about an offer from a local dealer. They have a 2017 demo model with 250 miles. The lowest price they agreed to was $3,500. I decided to not pull the trigger because they have a "dealer prep charge" of nearly $800 and to make the story short, the out-the-door price was around $4,700.

Plus, I really want an '18 or '19 model due to the paint scheme. Any ideas on a good OTD price and is it just me or is this prep charge excessive? I always thought they were two or three hundred dollars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, good to be here. I have been wanting one of these bikes ever since I rode one in a motorcycle training course I took years ago. I am in southeastern Wisconsin. I am looking at a new 2018 at another dealer not far from me. They have it advertised at $4,400 but I don't know the prep fee. If I found a used one in good shape I would not mind that but anything I find is either too far away or costs nearly three grand and then I just figure to buy new.

Registered
i bought my 2019 for 4900 out the door in southern california where registration is expensive and tax is high so i bet you can get it cheaper if you keep looking

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Here in Ohio I got my new 2019 tw200 for $4700 out the door. I checked around as some dealers wanted as high as $5900 with all the fees.
This confirms that my offer of $4k OTD was very reasonable for a two year old demo. I just read that entire thread. Looks like emailing them to get their best OTD price is the best way to go.

Registered
I鈥檓 in Ca. And no joke I just found a 2016 with only 41 miles on it at a dealer and grabbed it for 3500 OTD. So they can be found you just have to be ready to roll at the drop of a hat to beat the next guy. Good luck in you search for the best deal out there, patients paid off for me.

Registered
I'm in RI and got my 2018 for $4800.00 OTD. (Included tax, registration and title fees. No freight or prep fee's.

Registered
I would look for a non-dealer deal since private parties usually don't charge a "prep fee" for a used bike with 250 miles on the odometer.
Or counter offer the agreed $3,500 "price" with $3,500 cash as your true cost. Show cash. Let them whine and counter-offer. Get up holding your cash and head for door. You just might just hear a better offer including just sales tax on the "price". Take care of licensing and registration on your own if possible.
And of course resist all extended warrantee offers since they tend to just represent extended profits for the dealer and salesman.

Registered
Thank you, good to be here. I have been wanting one of these bikes ever since I rode one in a motorcycle training course I took years ago. I am in southeastern Wisconsin. I am looking at a new 2018 at another dealer not far from me. They have it advertised at $4,400 but I don't know the prep fee. If I found a used one in good shape I would not mind that but anything I find is either too far away or costs nearly three grand and then I just figure to buy new.
I'm guessing it's the dealer in West Bend? The Johnson Creek dealer is showing $4.295 + $249 doc/setup, but I assume you may be able to do a little better. TW200's probably have a low profit margin which leaves not a lot of room to negotiate, unlike their larger cousins.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14

Registered
I bought mine from a dealer. It was used in a 'learn-to-ride' program. At 200 miles, they sell 'em. All parking lot miles, likely never got out of second gear. Got it out the door for $3,500. And I had several to choose from too. However, it was in Eureka, CA. Way up on the Lost Coast. I was going up that way to camp in the redwoods anyways, so..... That was a few years ago. Look into Learn-to-Ride programs and see if you can get one.

****EDIT****
Just checked. This was a 2013 bike, purchased late in 2013.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
I would not want a bike that was used by students. Who knows how many times it was stalled, had the clutch dumped, etc. Now that you mention it, that's probably where this '17 demo got its miles from.

Registered
I would not want a bike that was used by students. Who knows how many times it was stalled, had the clutch dumped, etc. Now that you mention it, that's probably where this '17 demo got its miles from.
Hahaha,

I was a motorcycle safety instructor for a number of years and am familiar with the treatment and abuse that training bikes can see. This is a sign that I made up (as a joke) for our bikes.

For Sale Sign.jpg

Registered

Registered

Registered
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a new or almost new TW200 and wanted to ask about an offer from a local dealer. They have a 2017 demo model with 250 miles. The lowest price they agreed to was $3,500. I decided to not pull the trigger because they have a "dealer prep charge" of nearly $800 and to make the story short, the out-the-door price was around $4,700.

Plus, I really want an '18 or '19 model due to the paint scheme. Any ideas on a good OTD price and is it just me or is this prep charge excessive? I always thought they were two or three hundred dollars.
It seems high, I paid $4600 for a new 2018 just a few days ago.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts