TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored this bike in nice shape and am searching for any and all info I can find about them. Apparently 2 years only and very little info out there about them. Lots of info on the BW200 but not much I can find on the 350 models.
I know Placerload has one and probably a few others here have them as well. Looks like a real nice bike for the back woods but some guys say they have them registered on the road and there was an option for them with blinkers and tail lights.
I want to make mine road worthy if at all possible and need what ever info you all can provide.
My TWs just rode too hard and rattled my spine so I got this monster in the hopes the balloon BW2.jpg BW2.jpg tires might keep me riding a bit longer if I air them down.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice score, Gary!
Thanks rbm. I just can't seem to give up on 2 wheels but even the fat TW tire rattles my lower back way too much to make riding any fun these days. I've been searching for a long time for a decent BW200 until this one came along. Hope my plan works and I can go slow and soft for a few more years.

GaryL

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Thanks rbm. I just can't seem to give up on 2 wheels but even the fat TW tire rattles my lower back way too much to make riding any fun these days. I've been searching for a long time for a decent BW200 until this one came along. Hope my plan works and I can go slow and soft for a few more years.

GaryL
Gary, look at the Gold Belts, they just may provide enough support to make your ride tolerable.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just scored this bike in nice shape and am searching for any and all info I can find about them. Apparently 2 years only and very little info out there about them. Lots of info on the BW200 but not much I can find on the 350 models.
I know Placerload has one and probably a few others here have them as well. Looks like a real nice bike for the back woods but some guys say they have them registered on the road and there was an option for them with blinkers and tail lights.
I want to make mine road worthy if at all possible and need what ever info you all can provide.
My TWs just rode too hard and rattled my spine so I got this monster in the hopes the balloon View attachment 185784 View attachment 185784 tires might keep me riding a bit longer if I air them down.

GaryL
That’s a popular choice for snow, yes? Great find and Perfect timing, Gary. I trust you can ride more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
the BW350 showed me what big power can be on a fat tire you have to be careful those 350's when fresh are fast as heck will wheelie at will whether wanted or not and can go way too fast to stop safely lol

I recall my first ride on an alley behind the Vegas strip the owner warned me and I was till shocked by the power and the feel of ridding a 55 gallon drum on beach balls it truly reminded me a riding a Rhinoceros
Gary-L-BW350.JPG

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had a Fat Cat 250 when I was a lad. I loved every minute of it. Hell I used to ride it rounding up cows. Ask a 15 year old if he wants to ride that biting old nag or a dirt bike and the answer was clear. Mom sold it while I was at school and bought a Kirby. She asked if I would rather have a clean house or a dirt bike. What the hell kind of question is that?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I had a Fat Cat 250 when I was a lad. I loved every minute of it. Hell I used to ride it rounding up cows. Ask a 15 year old if he wants to ride that biting old nag or a dirt bike and the answer was clear. Mom sold it while I was at school and bought a Kirby. She asked if I would rather have a clean house or a dirt bike. What the hell kind of question is that?
Not cool mom!!!!!!! Not cool at all.

Tom

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Good score, Gary!
Ya' think one of those motors would fit a TW200 frame without major surgery?

Sorry about the back. I am "blessed" with same after compression injury from skydiving (too many "stand-up" landings) compounded by being a serial motorcycle crasher since age 14...and normal age-related spinal degeneration. I'm in pretty good shape for a beat-up 75 but I'm still 75!
But I have learned to live with it and pretty well adjusted to it.
The reason I got my TW200 is I no longer trust myself on big, fast motorcycles.
Throughout my life I have accumulated 18 broken bones and a TBI...no more of that for me!

Some recommendations, most experience based.
* A good chiropractor. This is No. 1!
* Physical therapy.
* An old school "kidney belt".
* Stretching exercises & flat on back on floor stretches.
* Trying to watch my posture.
* Softer shocks & forks. A trade-off: Poorer handling for less back pounding.
* Standing on pegs off-road.
* Seat Concepts or other good quality seat.
* Air Hawk seat pad and/or sheepskin pad.
* Ibuprofen before & after rides.
* Airing down tire pressure a bit more than normal. Again, trading handling for less spinal shock.
* Ride smoother trails & roads.
* Lose weight, especially the gut!
* Slow down on anything not real smooth.
* Do everything possible to reduce bike's vibration.
* A good mattress & pillow.
* Plenty of quality sleep.
* Daily walking.
* Don't get drunk and fall on yer ass!

General Chuck Yeager:
"You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up."

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
IMG_1679.JPG IMG_1680.JPG IMG_1683.JPG IMG_1684.JPG

And so it begins again! Got it home yesterday and was very impressed with how good the condition actually is given it is 31 years old. It does run but not great because the gas in the tank stinks like old varnish. Looks like a great winter project to keep me off my rear.

Hope one of you guys with a real internet connection or buddies who have the BW 200/350 can point me toward any info such as owners manual or service manuals for these beasts. I can't seem to find any of this info from here with my BS satellite connection that gets throttled to slow poke speeds and goes dead during any hint of storms.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Such a cool bike. White vinegar worked very well on a sludgy tank I had. I gotta believe that bike can be set up for a much softer ride than stock TDubs. Cheers

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Such a cool bike. White vinegar worked very well on a sludgy tank I had. I gotta believe that bike can be set up for a much softer ride than stock TDubs. Cheers
That is my expressed hope Badger. The seat already does feel much cushier as is the rear suspension and I think with lower air pressure in the balloon tires it just may be my ticket to ride. Lots of work to do just getting it cleaned up and ready for a ride but the fun begins today.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,398 Posts

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 44 Posts