TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold one of my TW's this week, so I had some motorcycle money burning a hole in my pocket. Saw this 1986 Yamaha Big Wheel BW200 on craigslist and went to take a look at it. As you can see, it followed me home.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

TW's clearly share much of the DNA from this bike, however there are a number differences on the BW that I have noticed so far. Besides being for offroad only:

-There is a compression release linked in with the kickstarter.
-Different carb with a single cable throttle.
-Has an even smaller tank that is plastic.
-Lightswitch has Off-Lo-Hi positions.
-Has much bigger tires that are also tubeless. Front is 25x8.00-12. Rear is 23x12.00-9.
-Has smaller wheels. Front is 12". Rear is 9".
-Dual, adjustable rear shocks.
-Jackshaft drive.
-More that I haven't noticed, I'm sure.

I have only been able to ride it illegally around the block a few times but those beachball tires seem like they would roll over just about any rut. It feels like it is geared lower than a TW so I am sure the top speed would be less.

I don't have much use for a strictly offroad bike like this, so it probably won't become part of my permanent collection but it sure is a fun little bike to ride!

Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Wow! That looks like it just came out of the crate! Pretty amazing for a DIRTbike 25+ years old.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
very clean brian! where was it?
might it make a showing at the cow mountain round up?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah I would have had to taken it home too, and I also don't really have a use for an off road only bike.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Isn't it from the same mother...Mother Yamaha? :D Nice looking bike Brian, too clean though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts