TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a BW200 a few months ago. I'm planning on bringing up to where I just moved to to ride it to work. I can get with about 200 yards of pavement the other 4 miles is all gravel. the lighting back in '86 blew apparently, since the BW200 has no battery what are my options for a headlight? Is it a possibility to get an LED light that would work?

TLDR; Can I put an LED light in the headlight of my BW200?

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Hi Cory,

I don't know if there is a direct replacement LED available for the BW headlight. I suggest that you determine what bulb you are currently using and then contact Super Bright LED's ( https://www.superbrightleds.com/?gclid=CNGjp9iV2dICFUVufgodk90C4w ) and see if they have anything that would work. I have gotten LED replacements for the TW instrument panel bulbs from them.

Good luck and post here if you are successful at finding any LED replacement bulbs that will work.

Brian

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think the bw's use the motorcycle specific, I'm not sure what other vehicles use them, j bulb which are very similar to standard H4. The two smaller tabs are closer together so it's not quite a direct replacement. On a honda VFR I just bent the H4 tabs back a little and it worked fine. But later I took off the headlight assembly and used a dremel to make the H4 tabs locations more permanent. It was easy and H4 bulbs fit perfectly after. If you decide to alter your headlight you can also find the correct H4 pigtail at most autoparts for a clean connection.

I'd take your stock bulb to an auto parts store and compare the base to an H4. Or if you are lucky you have an H4 laying around and you can compare them easily and try them in the bw's headlight.
The led bulbs I've used worked with dc and ac. I have no idea what the BW puts out. I'd find out before you buy any aftermarket bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts