TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Divine influence fate karma kismet whatever you want to call it, things just self aligned. Another XT350 came to me and my '81 XR500R went to a new owner. He picked up and transported the XT for me and took the XR home in one shot. He's building the XR500 into the rally bike he's been lusting for since the time of the first Dakar rally.

Need a few parts for XT350-3 to get it running and riding yet but I couldn't say no, sharing is fun ! ;) Mrs. Mudd calls it "enabling", whatever :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
I loved my XT 350, not anything particularity great about it, but sort of like a TW200 for the mid size dual sport world. my single biggest issue was rear tire size limitation. For the mud in Oregon, it really needed a bigger, gnarlier tire than I could fit.

Reactions: kj7687

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now if only it can happen like this for a TW :)

Reactions: dette

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Give us pictures or video once you get it running right!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
0525161942a - Copy.jpg
It's in nice enough shape that the laundry list of parts needed is not too bad. Crank, headlight bracket, front caliper and master cylinder, chain and sprockets.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Time for an update.
A couple weeks ago we got a complete running engine and a non running spare and some other parts from a fine fine gentleman and ex desert racer. Taking a day off from work next week to put it in.

Reactions: TWilight
1 - 6 of 6 Posts