TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another variation on the theme of enclosed scootering...I would miss the wind in my hair and bugs in my teeth.:p

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$24,000 for the C-1 is the target price but Lit Motors is publishing no intended delivery dates that I could find.

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But Bob, did your Ducati have twin gyroscopes? :grommit::grommit:

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Elio concept is intriguing but like all these potentially producable better mouse traps it lacks adequate investment capital to go forward. Their equity crowd funding under Regulation A is supposed to gear up this month. They all have the pitch that they could be the next Tesla at bargain prices to both the investor and the consumer, and production could begin soon with just a bit more seed money. Right...
For example the C-1's dependance on electronic systems for stability and safety create product liability issues that mandate a high level of reliability. This isn't cheap nor quick to develop and de-bug with a high level of confidence. Same is true for the redundant and back-up failsafe systems too. A failure rate of even a one in a million for an un-commanded side strut deployment in the middle of a curve is unacceptable. Whoa,call the lawyers!
De-bugging a good idea well enough to take to market is often harder than developing and patenting the original idea. I do like these innovations though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts