TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
after a whole week end of moving snow, i had to replace a shear bolt on the snow blower ( glad it waited until i had finished to break) so while i had the garden tractor in my shop, i noticed it had just turned 888.0 hours. now is this part crazy or what. i got it in my head to figure out, at the 6 mph it travels at, how far i could have rode it.( 5328 miles) i figured out i could have gone to the Big Apple and back to Meridian Idaho. another few hours and i could be in the Admiral's driveway. that is alot of seat time and that is only 1 of the tractors we use, and the stock tractor seat is more comfy than a stock yamaha or suzuki seat, thank God for that, i would have had a sore butt by the time i got to the Rockys. So who votes for Crazy? RIMG1296.JPG

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I vote for install the tractor seat on your TW and ride it for 888 hours....how's that for cray cray?
i figured at 50 mph, that would be 44,400 miles, which is 11.2 times from Vancouver bc, to Sydney NS. i think i might get bored and wear out a brand new TW

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Are you pulling a George Jones on your tractor or just riding around your property? ;)

In 1966 Jones, who had been drunk for several days, took a ride on a lawn mower. Why? Because his wife at the time, Shirley Ann Corley, took away all the keys. But she forgot the ones to the mower. ‘I can vaguely remember my anger at not being able to find keys to anything that moved,’ Jones recalled in his autobiography I Lived To Tell It All. So when he saw the keys in the mower, he decided to ride it into town. What a sight that must have been.

Years later, Jones took the story and turned it into a song. ‘I saw those blue lights flashin’/Over my left shoulder/He walked right up and said/”Get off that riding mower”/I said “Sir, let me explain/ Before you put me in the tank/She took my keys away/And now she won’t drive me to drink.’

They say the best songs come from real life experiences and George Jones had a lot of experience in life and a lot of great songs. He will be missed.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are you pulling a George Jones on your tractor or just riding around your property? ;)

In 1966 Jones, who had been drunk for several days, took a ride on a lawn mower. Why? Because his wife at the time, Shirley Ann Corley, took away all the keys. But she forgot the ones to the mower. ‘I can vaguely remember my anger at not being able to find keys to anything that moved,’ Jones recalled in his autobiography I Lived To Tell It All. So when he saw the keys in the mower, he decided to ride it into town. What a sight that must have been.

Years later, Jones took the story and turned it into a song. ‘I saw those blue lights flashin’/Over my left shoulder/He walked right up and said/”Get off that riding mower”/I said “Sir, let me explain/ Before you put me in the tank/She took my keys away/And now she won’t drive me to drink.’

They say the best songs come from real life experiences and George Jones had a lot of experience in life and a lot of great songs. He will be missed.

this tractor is just for doing chores, but i do have my favorite tractor all rebuilt and atv tires with dual exhaust all ready to go, if she takes my keys away. this one does a little better than the 6 mph, that the other does. RIMG0182.JPG

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I collect 300 series. What is it and what’s in it?
it's a craftsman, rebuild B&S opposed 18 hp. i liked John Deere green better than sear's ugly grey. it gets used to pull our DR grader on the driveway, pull the 25 gal weed sprayer, and it pulls the tractor train, when the grand kids come to visit 24.JPG 23.JPG

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts