TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
My 125 to 200 rebuild is finally beginning to take shape, but I have a question about the cable routing up from the magneto and neutral switch.
When I stripped it down I took loads of photos to help with reassembly. However, the original routing just doesn't look right. As you can see from the first photo it looks like the wiring has been repaired at some time and was exiting through the rectangular slot in the mag' casing. It then shared the same space as the gearbox sprocket and chain. This to me doesn't look right! I 'think' it should exit out the top of the triangular section and out through the space in the gearbox casing along with the neutral switch wire, see second and third photos. Is this correct?
Which way does it go from there? Originally it plugged in at the side of the rear shock, again this doesn't look right to me, potentially rubbing against the spring, but maybe it is? Or should it run up and around behind the top of the shock?
Any help, suggestions or photos would be very much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i have seen some casing with a plastic insert in that slot, but its not important.

the cables come out of the casing then are cable tied to the back of the frame post, they run up the post and come out by the rectifier. If you want to route them as per original then they go under the rectifier, there is a small lug with a rubber gromet under the bracket to hold them and possibly a hook on the frame, then they sit in the space between the rectifier and battery. the other ends come in from the plastic casing, under the top frame tube.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have seen some casing with a plastic insert in that slot, but its not important.

the cables come out of the casing then are cable tied to the back of the frame post, they run up the post and come out by the rectifier. If you want to route them as per original then they go under the rectifier, there is a small lug with a rubber gromet under the bracket to hold them and possibly a hook on the frame, then they sit in the space between the rectifier and battery. the other ends come in from the plastic casing, under the top frame tube.
That's brilliant, thank you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts