TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you haven't had em, you ought to take my word on it.

View attachment 24888

Chunk up a pound of bacon and throw it in your cast iron pot. Toss in a pound of burger and a large sweet onion that's been all chopped up. Brown that up over the coals.

While that's cooking, take a half cup of brown sugar, well packed, a quarter cup of ketchup, two tablespoons of yellow mustard, three cap fulls of cider vinegar (three tsp) and a heaping teaspoon of minced garlic and whip that all together. When the meat is browned throw that in. (you will notice I didn't say a damb thing about draining off the grease...this ain't a recipe for heart healthy vegetablearians. )

Then throw in two regular size cans (I think they are 15-16 oz) of VanCamps pork and beans. None of the fancy stuff, just the regular old pork and beans.

Drain and toss in a regular sized can of kidney beans.

Drain and toss in a regular sized can of butter beans.

Drain and toss in a regular sized can of lima beans.

While that's cooking up I suggest you whip up some Jiffy cornbread and get that going in the dutch oven.

***don't be confused by the dry look of the beans in the picture. Chuck is stirring them up and things got out of order. The sauce isn't in there yet, and I don't think the pork and beans. Truth is the order isn't important at all after the meat is cooked.

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Fantanstic recipe Kurt, save me a bowl too!
Yeah, more garlic in mine please! I'ld roast some whole cloves on the fire and toss them in later for a smokey vampire repellant after-note. Looks perfectly delicious...Maybe Borneo can help Mel make a couple of gallons of his for Moab's Gathering of the Clan.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow looks awesome. Might want to nail down the sheets on the bed tonight. Lol.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Fantanstic recipe Kurt, save me a bowl too!
Yeah, more garlic in mine please! I'ld roast some whole cloves on the fire and toss them in later for a smokey vampire repellant after-note. Looks perfectly delicious...Maybe Borneo can help Mel make a couple of gallons of his for Moab's Gathering of the Clan.
happy to break out the Dutch oven for that recipe in moab

1 - 6 of 6 Posts