TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a pristine '16 from Cali and I notice that it has a vapor canister. Are there any performance degrading anti-smog features on the Cali model? I'm not concerned about the can but I'm interested in anything else that might affect performance. Anyone do a de-smog?

Tks,

Bob

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
The emissions canister does not affect the performance of the bike, except for adding a little additional weight. You can remove it if you would like without any positive or negative effects (aside from global warming ;)).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Some motorcycles, including dirt bikes, have air recirculation pumps or systems and other exhaust emissions controls. The TW doesn't have any of those. Other than perhaps lean jetting from the factory the carbon/fuel vapor canister is about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's things like jetting that I'm wondering about. I'd like to hear fm anyone that knows of any definitive differences. As I mentioned, not concerned about canister.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Mine was cut off and the tube plugged right away. I have a DG pipe, Uni free flow air filter and a re-jet. The Dub runs perrrrfect!

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
If the canister is eliminated does the hose to the carb get plugged off? And is the hose to the tank a vent hose which could be ran up high?
Yes! And you can remove the nipple thing on the bottom of the tank and screw in a bolt with an o-ring and then vent the gas cap -- or buy a vented gas cap and keep all the original parts in case Commiefornia starts doing smog checks on motorcycles so you can easily put it back to original.

P2041264.JPG P2041263.JPG

·
Registered
286 Posts
I thought I read somewhere the canister can somehow play a role in keeping the tw from sucking water in vent lines in a deep water crossings. Something like that. Anyone know anything about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I have a California bike :) I think if I lived in a climate where I needed an oil cooler I would remove the canister and utilize the bracket. I really don't notice it anymore, but it is a bonus to own a California model, gives you one more state where you can sell it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts