TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to do a week long trip April/May of 2014. Group ride anybody? 5 days riding, 4 nights camping is what I had in mind. Open to any area, willing to travel for group destination rally point if not in Texas. Really want to ride with some forum members. All these group RR look like a blast. What do ya'll think?

Reactions: r80rt

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you wanted to come up to Arkansas you could do the Arkansas 500. 3 days covering 500 miles of awesome Arkansas backroads.

About The Ride
2013 ARKANSAS 500 April 12-14 - ADVrider

If not, and you could throw a weekend in the middle of the 5 days, I could probably take a couple days off work. There are a ton of dual sport riders up here and they would probably join in.

We could ride the T.A.R.T. (Trans-Arkansas trail) if you're wanting to cover most of Arkansas from north to south. That could easily take up 5 days.

Also, S.L.A.P. is in the middle of may. It's a fun gathering of dual sport riders in the middle of May

SLAP 2013 - May 17-19 @ Byrd's Adventure Center Ozark, AR - ADVrider

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Got to be honest, those rides look intimidating, but I got to start somewhere. Total noob here. I'm guessing you've done these rides before? They all look fun, the 500 in particular.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I haven't been on the rides because I was busy both weekends this past year. I've ridden a lot of the same roads that those rides go on and they're not too bad. Nice thing about them is that they split up in to groups according to experience. The TART was a lot of fun, it would be something I would do again

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be cool to get a group of us up for the AR 500.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have done some of these OAT trails on a BMW f 650 gs, I don't know if I would attempt on a tw200 there is a lot of oil field traffic on the trails in western okla now, and those big trucks are intimidating on some of the narrow roads, I ride my tw in the osage, tall grass prairie and even here it is limited road use, most of the OAT trails on okla you will be on the roadway with other traffic......something to think about......paelo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts