TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least anyone that has bought the seat concepts dual sport seat kit foam and cover. I have purchased it already and when I got it. It included a sheet of plastic to put under the cover to "waterproof" the foam. Sounds like a good Idea but as I think about it when the seat is HOT like in July, the cover would really slip around and stretch out. Whats the consensus plastic or no?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Having no experience with seat concepts I would guess the plastic gets sticky from the heat and would actually grip it better. Either way it's not a good idea to leave your bike in direct sunlight sitting still for too long. It fades and makes plastics more brittle for example. Plus it makes for some hot buns.

Plus ...since their product are spoken so highly of, I'd say they suggest the plastic for good reason.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Use the plastic.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I used it. If you have an air compressor get an air stapler.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i've done 3 concepts and the bag went into the garbage. the seat cover will keep water out and i figure the bag will retain any moisture that does get in

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used it. If you have an air compressor get an air stapler.
Ya I have done several seats and the hand or electric staplers don't cut it, got an air shooter and its the balls....

·
Registered
20,477 Posts
Not planning to ride or park in the rain whenever possible I deleted my plastic waterproofing layer. I just play ride and do not commute in all weather conditions.
My justification was a hope for better warm weather ventilation while riding.
However I do not claim either option seems overwhelmingly superior.

Reactions: Cornelis

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
No plastic for our two TW's with Seats Concepts Mods.

Reactions: Cornelis

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I would advise using the plastic if you ever ride in the rain. It will dry out much quicker. Slippage is a non issue. Get the new cover as tight as you can with moderate stretching and it won't move at all.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The plastic harms nothing, but keeps the foam dry. The vinyl is no hotter with the thin clear plastic under it.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds like its 50/50 my main thought now is breathing I have a swede cover on my XR it is awesome! maybe a lambs wool cover on top had one on an earlier bike it is very cool and comfy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts