TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What brand and type did you use? I use rustoleum clear matte.
It's rustolium + The paint and primer in one stuff. It is a very dense paint, coverage is excellent with lots of solids. So much so, there is build up while spraying that looks like a lava flow. I probably have some rustolium clear matte. I'll check and test if I do.

·
Registered
365 Posts
You will want the paint to dry for at least a day before clear coating because the paint is thick and needs enough time to dry. Put on one coat and the second after about 1 1/2 hours.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
What happens when you step off the bike a loose it in the woods? Beeper or remote control flashing light?😄
You beat me to it xracer. I was gonna tell him not to forget to carry a pee pee lanyard.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm feeling winded today so didn't get much more done than to put stuff away in the garage. My brain is foggy from meds I suppose, I had to take the friggin' swingarm off twice after reinstalling it. Frist, I forgot to route the chain through right. I didn't want to break the master link, so the swingarm got pulled. Then I forgot to put the chain guard back on! Crap! So off the swing arm comes again. Finally got it all on and in the right order.
I started painting the motor and did one side as shown here in these photos. It is really amazing just how little paint is needed to camo something that already has it's primary base coat already applied. This is just for color effect, not for protection, so it's quite easy to do. Let me know what you think;

Motor before;

Motor after;

Close-up

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Nice camo job. Just bring a hunter orange cap to hang on the bars when you go for a hike so you can find it when you come back.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Nice camo job. Just bring a hunter orange cap to hang on the bars when you go for a hike so you can find it when you come back.
I take a roll of orange plastic tape in the woods with me and blaze the trail so I can find my way back. You'd be amazed how many times this has saved me from getting lost after tracking deer past last light.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I remember when I was growing up if it was painted camouflage. In Mississippi it probably meant it was stolen.
It would be against the law to camouflage the 2005 anyway that’s one of the prettiest years.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm feeling winded today so didn't get much more done than to put stuff away in the garage. My brain is foggy from meds I suppose, I had to take the friggin' swingarm off twice after reinstalling it. Frist, I forgot to route the chain through right. I didn't want to break the master link, so the swingarm got pulled. Then I forgot to put the chain guard back on! Crap! So off the swing arm comes again. Finally got it all on and in the right order.
I started painting the motor and did one side as shown here in these photos. It is really amazing just how little paint is needed to camo something that already has it's primary base coat already applied. This is just for color effect, not for protection, so it's quite easy to do. Let me know what you think;

Motor before;
View attachment 210875

Motor after;
View attachment 210876

Close-up
View attachment 210877

View attachment 210878
The Italian Skitallion!
I haven't seen a camo job that good since Rambo peeled his face away from a muddy bank.

Marty

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The Italian Skitallion!
I haven't seen a camo job that good since Rambo peeled his face away from a muddy bank.

Marty
Thanks Marty!
The motor literally took just seconds to paint. A minute, two tops.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts