TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've always wondered how the dry-spec panniers fit on a bike.

I have the same side racks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
840 Posts
I thought so! I'm in South Park as well - it's always nice to know there is another local TW about!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Fooled me too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the delay. The Dry Spec saddle bags are perfect for the TW. My gallon water and fuel Rotopax fit nicely under each. I keep tools, a small moto pump that runs off my charger pigtail, a rain jacket, and survival kit in one, and the other I pack my cooker, rain fly, REI camp chair, and food. The main duffel is a North Face (with a rain proof ruck cover over it). That is where I keep my tent, hatchet, sleep system, camp shoes, clothes, shower kit, additional cooking items, and misc. I've attached 2 nalgene holders to the outside to hold a couple liters of water for easy access. Attached to the rear rack, under the duffel, I mounted 2 MSR fuel bottles, and more tools. On my Adventure Spec rally dash I have mounted a small flashlight, a dual USB receptacle / voltage meter, and 2 RAM ball mounts for my phone and Garmin. In my tiny, over priced Giant Loop tank bag, I keep adapters, spare plug and fuel filter, cable ties, spare sunglasses, snacks, and misc. I can carry plenty for a weekend trip to the most remote areas of Colorado. The upside and downfall of the TW is that it can go anywhere, just not fast. Especially at 6-10k feet up, loaded down with gear and rider. Once you're on the dirt, the speed isn't an issue. I am picking up a Tenere soon for the serious trips that may require highway miles, but for now, the TW is a blast and it fits on the back of my Jeep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice set up! I ride out of Wagon Tongue a couple times a year. While the trails aren't as plentiful as Tarryall there aren't nearly as many people either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts