TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through some old photos and found this picture of my brother and I on my Dads Thiumph. The picture was taken winter 1959/1960. Does anyone know what year model it may be?
image.jpg

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I was going to say it looked like an old Triumph. But yea, I haven't seriously looked into anything made before the 70's (mainly Hondas) or 80's.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if still out there somewhere. It was stolen a few years after this picture was taken. My Dad blamed the Carney's. It was stolen the night the local Carnival left town.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
It was at least started. There is already a puddle of oil under it.

Pics aren't clear on this computer. If it has a swing arm frame it's a 1954 or newer. If it has a sprung hub it's a 1945 to 1953 model. Prior to that, Triumphs were hardtails as far as I know. I do not recall the paint pattern on the tank either, so maybe custom paint?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I am not an expert either, but I play one on the internet. I agree with Borneo that it is a T100 Tiger, and as far as I have ever seen, it is a custom paint job. The only ones that I have ever seen have black fork skins, ( Get your mind out of the gutter, I said FORK skins) regardless of the bike's color. You will now have me spending a few hours looking at old Triumphs trying to find it. Perfect, there is nothing on tv on Sunday night.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

This is a 1958 Triumph tiger T110. It has the Tiger on the front fender and the shrouded headlight. I think this might be it, with the badges removed and custom paint.
That does look like a match. Thanks

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I can't watch the Western Channel anymore. I will see a gun that I have to have..... and it is no longer a $500 gun, the ones I like are all $1,500+. And my problem with the old guns is that I like all of them. I can watch Civil War movies because I already own all of those guns.

Bite the Bullet, Gene Hackman, Candice Bergman, 1975. Western Channel. Perfect to keep me company as I tie gold ribbed hare's ears...and dream of the fish I'm gonna eat.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't watch the Western Channel anymore. I will see a gun that I have to have..... and it is no longer a $500 gun, the ones I like are all $1,500+. And my problem with the old guns is that I like all of them. I can watch Civil War movies because I already own all of those guns.
Let's go shoot

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Do you have a Gatling? I have one actually used in combat at the siege of Petersburg, Virginia in 1864 and 1865.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I don't have a digital camera. That's why I don't post any new pics. Last three cameras I bought I've managed to destroy in short order. Same reason I buy $15 phones at Walmart--I break them. Pocket electronics and I don't get along. Not even a watch.

·
Registered
545 Posts

This is a 1958 Triumph tiger T110. It has the Tiger on the front fender and the shrouded headlight. I think this might be it, with the badges removed and custom paint.
Now that's a beautiful motorcycle....just the way a motorcycle should look... IMHO :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Early BMW, with earles forks and plunger frame-probably 50's vintage that somebody "ruined" I think they call it "cafe-ed" these days. Actually I think this is an R50 from the early 60's- Dette?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Early BMW, with earles forks and plunger frame-probably 50's vintage that somebody "ruined" I think they call it "cafe-ed" these days. Actually I think this is an R50 from the early 60's- Dette?
That's exactly what it is ... my guess, 1966 R50 or R60

Should look like this ....

bm r50.jpg

... or like this.

1963+BMW+R+50.jpg 1966-bmw-r60-2-classic-motorcycle.jpg

Here's a later model that's been bastardised .....

bm cafe racer.jpg

1 - 20 of 38 Posts