TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While looking through cycle trader last night (yeah, yeah, I know I don't need another bike, but... they're so pretty!), I came across a TW with a very simple, but elegant side rack that I can't find anywhere online.
pannier rack.jpg

Does anyone recognize this? Was it a home made special? If so, it was a very nice, simple design that seems like the perfect answer for soft saddlebags. I can see a couple of things I'd probably change... but then, I'm changing my bike completely, so wadda I know?

BTW, this is a gorgeous bike, relatively new, but it has 10K miles on it and the dealer wants $3,999?! :laughing6:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Too much $$$ for that many miles IMO. I bought mine for $2,000 and it had 1,600 miles on it and over all very nice condition. Better deals can be had. As for the pannier racks they look home made to me but could be some from Happy Trails set up to fit this TW. First I have seen of a set up like these but maybe they did buy them somewhere.

I went with the Cycle Rack and their bag frames. The rear rack is awesome and the pannier frames are good too but not real heavy duty but they do their job. Worth the extra $69 bucks I paid and can be taken off and put on in seconds which is a nice benefit. As for me I am sold on the Cycle Racks set ups. Good quality and prices are fair for what you get. I researched high and low and thought of building my own before I pulled the trigger. No regrets but you have to shell out a couple of good bills for them.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
the bike looks like a 2014 with almost no mods. new tires because of the high mileage. way over priced, I've seem 2016s (Canadian dollars) cheaper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts